West Bromich Albion v Sheffield Wednesday

but we need to threaten their goal

When you go to a place like WBA, you know you're probably going to get 2 chances at the very most.

It sounds like JJ and Clarke both had decent chances in the first half...they missed.

Koren had one half chance at goal from 30 yards... top corner, 3 points in the bag, that's what money does for you.

We worked hard and battled like mad - so I have lots of praise for them as a team.

If we keep doing this and hold our nerve we can escape. There's a lot more football to be played and losing away to WBA is not going to determine whether we stay up or not as it was one which we couldn't be too optimistic about in our quest for another 5 wins.

JJ seems to have a new lease of life, hopefully he can keep going. When he went off tonight we didn't look like scoring. We were just not the better team tonight, they had the quality when it mattered.

I'm a bit downbeat to be honest as we need the points more than ever, hopefully we can go on a bit of a run now but the games are running out.

As Fergie says "squeaky bum time" Good Night All

Up the Owls

West Brom 1-0 Sheffield Wednesday

Possession: 62-38

Shots on target: 7-1

Shots off target: 10-4

Corners: 10-2

fouls: 9-13

Most fouls: Dorrans (2) Varney (5)

Yellow cards: 0-1

Red cards: 0-0

Grant, Nolan, Purse, Beevers, Spurr, Miller, Potter, O'Connor (Jeffers 83), Johnson (Soares 72), Clarke, Varney.

Subs not used: O'Donnell, Simek, Hinds, McAllister, Gray.

Unlucky Wednesday.

Well done West Brom.

5 More wins, Can we do it?

Anything is possible, we need a bit of that confidence back when irvine first took charge, I only fear Swansea away next week and possibly Middlesbrough away due to 'potential quality'. Sounded like we battled tonight, this is a good sign and I hope it continues, im sure we will get a bit of luck our way sooner or later. Its all still to play for.

P*ssed off we didn't score whilst we had the upper hand however looking on the bright side This was never one of the target matches and a good performance is a plus. Just wish we'd shoot from everywhere like teams do against us.

A negative is Grant getting done again with a 30 yarder never known a keeper who gets done with so many 'unstoppable wonder strikes' sounds like he earnt his wages though with a good performance otherwise

As long as Palace lose, this isn't a bad night for us- them at home against a poor Bristol City side IMO, and us away at WBA.

Agree - Palace losing at home to Bristol City doesn't really change too much, they'll be more p!ssed about losing at home than we are losing away to WBA.

Sounded like we played well tonight, a mile away from the Ipswich and Reading performance's, need to take it into Saturday now and hopefully get aomething out of the game. Could really do with winning 1 of the two away games we have.

I'd have taken 3pts from Leicester and WBA after the Reading match anyway.

Definately need JJ to stay fit until the end of the season.