Do we have a 'deal' with the Co-op bank?

January 2011 to be precise.

A Blade told me.

I know, I know.

That's when the formal agreement is up for renewal- Jan 2011.

They'll extend it though- it's not in their financial interest to call in the loan, when all that will happen is we'll go into admin, they'll get 10p in the pound back and therefore lose nearly £20 million on the money we own them.

The bank have made £10m + from the club in the last 10 years and we still owe them roughly £22m. Why would they pull the plug if we are searching for investment which will give them even more ££ back?

They must be laughing all the way to the erm....bank!

Based on the same 'principal' the baldes need to find about £45 Million by the end of their next financial year, as thats when their loan agreements end.

Shame their with RBS, HBOS whom are currently know for putting HUGE pressures on customers to get cash in.

Based on the same 'principal' the baldes need to find about £45 Million by the end of their next financial year, as thats when their loan agreements end.

Shame their with RBS, HBOS whom are currently know for putting HUGE pressures on customers to get cash in.

'Thats not a proper debt though, its a mortgage, and its owed to mcpig, and its for the hotel, and its seperate, and and and er....we've got a hotel and a team of cheats in china.'

Or summat.

That's when the formal agreement is up for renewal- Jan 2011.

They'll extend it though- it's not in their financial interest to call in the loan, when all that will happen is we'll go into admin, they'll get 10p in the pound back and therefore lose nearly £20 million on the money we own them.

I'm curious, and admittedly know very little about the process of administration; is the following hypothetical situation a possibility?

The Co-Op at the end of the current agreement decides that there is a lack of movement with investors and the long term prospect of only getting interest payments. Due to this, it decides to call in its debt knowing that SWFC own Hillsbrough and Middlewood Road. Administration is entered and the administrators subsequently sell the main two assets of the club for many millions to pay creditors. Would the Co-Op not receive a very good lump sum which they can then gain significant interest via inter bank lending etc.

There are no doubt many holes in this scenario, but I'm genuinely curious.

Guest billsaja

If so, when does it end?

I've heard rumours they're pulling the plug next year?

Heard or started?

I heard Elvis was alive on the moon, just a rumour though, hey?

Actually there is more credence to the idea that the King is living large on the dark side of the moon than the idea that the Co-Op would see it as being in its best interests to force Wednesday out of business.