An Idea!

Guest triple j

£100.00 here but i could be tempted by Daz`s Idea ( actually it was mine he pinched it ) :rolleyes:

But going one step further you could have

Gold platinum and bronze type investors so no one is left out .

Incentivise it and get 15.000 people investing .

IE pay 5k and half price season tickets for 10 years or something .

20k and you sit in the directors box etc etc .

Come on Lee Forward together .

Some good ideas in this thread - it needs the club's buy in of course but surely there is enough brain power, desire and creativity to package something which has a chance of working.

In a limited environment like this, in no time at all several thousand has been 'pledged' - imagine how much it could be if properly organised and marketed to the wider fan base?

I'll make a few enquiries to see if this might have legs - there may well be good reason why not - but right now I can't see it. And IF we are to go down (god forbid), I'd rather us go down scratching kicking and screaming having done everything we can to prevent it.

Some good ideas in this thread - it needs the club's buy in of course but surely there is enough brain power, desire and creativity to package something which has a chance of working.

In a limited environment like this, in no time at all several thousand has been 'pledged' - imagine how much it could be if properly organised and marketed to the wider fan base?

I'll make a few enquiries to see if this might have legs - there may well be good reason why not - but right now I can't see it. And IF we are to go down (god forbid), I'd rather us go down scratching kicking and screaming having done everything we can to prevent it.

Its gone a bit quiet Daz,one or two will be swallowing hard :laugh:

Discussions started - we'll have to wait and see and I can't put a timescale on any outcome/update as it's not for me to determine.

Might be useful for people to turn up to Thursday's meeting and show that there is a desire for this.

Guest triple j

Discussions started - we'll have to wait and see and I can't put a timescale on any outcome/update as it's not for me to determine.

Might be useful for people to turn up to Thursday's meeting and show that there is a desire for this.

The ownership idea or the loan player/£100 -a-man thing?

Now what would be REALLY nice is if some local sheffield businessmen could get involved with the idea.

and underwrite, say 50% of the new shares ?

Just an idea !

Well people may differ but I've always personally thought our solution is within our own community - and for me, it is a much better solution too given that I do not see any Abramovich level of interest.

The ownership idea or the loan player/£100 -a-man thing?

I've raised both, but the quicker and more immediate option is the donation to squadbuilder aspect - the loan player/£100 -a-man thing (or whatever people can afford).

I've raised both, but the quicker and more immediate option is the donation to squadbuilder aspect - the loan player/£100 -a-man thing (or whatever people can afford).

Daz what's the situation with Wednesdayite,isn't there money in a squad builder fund?

I think the 'tiered' system proposed by hugeowl is a VERY good idea.

Depending upon yor level, you get. black,platinum, gold,standard membership.

Or something similar, and 1st option on a share issue in return.

So on a coporate level, Lee offered all current box holders 1st dibs on the proposed share issue.

£8 Million split across ten holders, given £1Million shares each.

Or Lee offeres the holders the first option on a £1 a share deal to raise £8 Million.

So each box holder can 'underwrite' the amount of shares they can afford.

Then once the box holders, take up their options, the holders in the 'next tier' of excuitive membership are offered the shares.

Once the coporate, members of S6 have take up the shares option, then share issue could be open to 'All fans'

All shares are equal weighting at £1 to raise the £8 Million needed to complete the deal.

Thus you have your 'underwriters' for the investment !

Edited by Dark$ide

Daz what's the situation with Wednesdayite,isn't there money in a squad builder fund?

I'm not sure exactly how much but it is pretty small - I'm sure Paul can confirm in due course.

But it was set up for this kind of reason - I just hope it is not hijacked by pride and people saying we're too big to 'beg'.

Sod that - I don't think there will be too many complaints if it can get us a player or two and we stay up as a result. Even if we go down, I'd rather go down fighting having tried to do something. I know it won't be everyone's cup of tea, but its thick skin time - we just have to stay up and it's worth 100 quid to have a better chance.

So what happens f the loan signing turns out to be sh!te and we get relegated? I doubt everyone will be satisfied at a waste of £100?

Then we all blame 'Triple J'...!

:biggrin:

As for Daz's idea, I'm up for that too...

Just don't anyone tell Mrs 33...!

I think the 'tiered' system proposed by hugeowl is a VERY good idea.

Depending upon yor level, you get. black,platinum, gold,standard membership.

Or something similar, and 1st option on a share issue in return.

So on a coporate level, Lee offered all current box holders 1st dibs on the proposed share issue.

£8 Million split across ten holders, given £1Million shares each.

Or Lee offeres the holders the first option on a £1 a share deal to raise £8 Million.

So each box holder can 'underwrite' the amount of shares they can afford.

Then once the box holders, take up their options, the holders in the 'next tier' of excuitive membership are offered the shares.

Once the coporate, members of S6 have take up the shares option, then share issue could be open to 'All fans'

All shares are equal weighting at £1 to raise the £8 Million needed to complete the deal.

Thus you have your 'underwriters' for the investment !

Interesting ideas Darkside.

To avoid confusion we need this thread splitting into two as there are 2 debating points - the squadbuilder thing and the share issue thing.

Mods......!!!!!

I'm not sure exactly how much but it is pretty small - I'm sure Paul can confirm in due course.

But it was set up for this kind of reason - I just hope it is not hijacked by pride and people saying we're too big to 'beg'.

Sod that - I don't think there will be too many complaints if it can get us a player or two and we stay up as a result. Even if we go down, I'd rather go down fighting having tried to do something. I know it won't be everyone's cup of tea, but its thick skin time - we just have to stay up and it's worth 100 quid to have a better chance.

Think those days are gone

hopefully something can be done with the money no matter how small as it's serving no purpose where it is

Interesting ideas Darkside.

To avoid confusion we need this thread splitting into two as there are 2 debating points - the squadbuilder thing and the share issue thing.

Mods......!!!!!

Not sure you can do that :blink: