An Idea!

Guest triple j

Some good ideas in this thread - it needs the club's buy in of course but surely there is enough brain power, desire and creativity to package something which has a chance of working.

In a limited environment like this, in no time at all several thousand has been 'pledged' - imagine how much it could be if properly organised and marketed to the wider fan base?

I'll make a few enquiries to see if this might have legs - there may well be good reason why not - but right now I can't see it. And IF we are to go down (god forbid), I'd rather us go down scratching kicking and screaming having done everything we can to prevent it.

don't waste your breathe.certain people with

shares at that club don't wan't to know.

Well people may differ but I've always personally thought our solution is within our own community - and for me, it is a much better solution too given that I do not see any Abramovich level of interest.

We've discussed this Daz and I agree.

Must admit that the Wednesdayite squadbuilder is the obvious place for some short-term support, I didn't think of that earlier and just made the £100 point as a suggestion.

If the club go with it i'm happy to put mine in this next week (only joking)... soon.

We would need to do a bit of a selling job, though, because as much as people don't want to hear it, there is a perception (unfair) about wednesdayite that needs to be changed.

As for the embarrassment aspect mentioned by a couple, I'm sure anything like this will have the p1ss ripped out of it. But do you know what? I don't give a flying flip as I will be a lot more embarrassed at being relegated and if by some very small chance we as fans can be part of something bigger that helps turn this chuffin' club around, then I'm pretty sure that I'll be one of the smug looking tw4ts ripping the p155 out of that shower of poo down town.

As you say, I fear there ain't gonna be anyone soon with the cash to make a huge impact banging the door down. If there is someone of more modest means considering it, then why shouldn't we get a shout and have a year or so trying to get the cash together.

Guest triple j

Then we all blame 'Triple J'...!

:biggrin:

As for Daz's idea, I'm up for that too...

Just don't anyone tell Mrs 33...!

If it comes off and we stay up, it was all my idea (we both know that aint true :biggrin: )

If it goes boobies up it's down to you, and you're dead to us all :ph34r:

We've discussed this Daz and I agree.

Must admit that the Wednesdayite squadbuilder is the obvious place for some short-term support, I didn't think of that earlier and just made the £100 point as a suggestion.

If the club go with it i'm happy to put mine in this next week (only joking)... soon.

We would need to do a bit of a selling job, though, because as much as people don't want to hear it, there is a perception (unfair) about wednesdayite that needs to be changed.As for the embarrassment aspect mentioned by a couple, I'm sure anything like this will have the p1ss ripped out of it. But do you know what? I don't give a flying flip as I will be a lot more embarrassed at being relegated and if by some very small chance we as fans can be part of something bigger that helps turn this chuffin' club around, then I'm pretty sure that I'll be one of the smug looking tw4ts ripping the p155 out of that shower of poo down town.

As you say, I fear there ain't gonna be anyone soon with the cash to make a huge impact banging the door down. If there is someone of more modest means considering it, then why shouldn't we get a shout and have a year or so trying to get the cash together.

Good point,perhaps a former player or well known wednesday fan could front the initiative,instead of wednesdayite.

why no comment from Lee on this??

he has last season to me on the sharewednesday issue - was a non starter then but now?

The let's fund a loan player was allegedly turned down by the last regime ... I cannot for the life of me see any reason why this isn't a goer even if just one player is loaned he may make a difference in one match that might be the difference who knows and as Daz says let's go down fighting.

I see a little prob re us wanting the loan player to play tho as we have a policy here of loaning bench sitters we have to delegate use or not to AI :biggrin:

oh and whilst I have had a similar idea 33 had the balls to post it and the entire fate of the owls now rests on him :cool:

he has last season to me on the sharewednesday issue - was a non starter then but now?

The let's fund a loan player was allegedly turned down by the last regime ... I cannot for the life of me see any reason why this isn't a goer even if just one player is loaned he may make a difference in one match that might be the difference who knows and as Daz says let's go down fighting.

I see a little prob re us wanting the loan player to play tho as we have a policy here of loaning bench sitters we have to delegate use or not to AI :biggrin:

oh and whilst I have had a similar idea 33 had the balls to post it and the entire fate of the owls now rests on him :cool:

why does he waste his time posting on silly threads aruing with idiots about investment, season tickets, lack of support and not give us a comment on a positive thread??

why does he waste his time posting on silly threads aruing with idiots about investment, season tickets, lack of support and not give us a comment on a positive thread??

Probably because it depends what you want him to comment on the share thing prob best done off board imo

For me this loan player fund should be an agenda issue for thursday perhaps he can comment then

ever week, everyone that attends a game puts £1 in a bucket

£20k a week, can fund what ... upto 10 players!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

The owls ladies was shaking buckets outside kop for money on saturday for there team so I dont get why we cant do it for the 1st team squad too.

Guest triple j

Each player donates £200? good arrow

:laugh::laugh: love it!

Tell them they're absolute w@nk and that they'll have to stump up cash to get some people in who CAN do the job.

Byoodiful