An Idea!

Guest triple j

Guest triple j

We need someone to set up a Paypal account so that you can give all your donations to me organised by a trustworthy body that can oversee the account within the bounds of legality and everything else that is needed.

Anyone have expertise in this area?

Direct into an account of the club's choice.

Wednesdayite too political and will put some off.

Guest Ripley Owl

Direct into an account of the club's choice.

Wednesdayite too political and will put some off.

Probably right there triple j , lets get the names together first so we know we have enough backers and then put the money in ! :biggrin:

I will do it, with Mick (33) if he wants

Trouble is 3J, that once a decent amount starts to accumulate, it is making sure that it is administered in a transparent way, which also complies with any fiscal or legal requirements (not an area of expertise for me? Paul, any views?)

Would have thought that it would need to be run by some official organisation if it were deemed a 'goer' such as through the club, W'ite or such like.

The problem then is that whoever it was, would be perceived negatively by some chuff and you then get all the politicking to go with it.

Really don't have a view on best way forward, but a couple of blokes being responsible for a number of thousands of Pounds of 'collection' money is just asking for trouble of one sort or another.

Afraid life ain't as simple as it used to be...

Guest triple j

Trouble is 3J, that once a decent amount starts to accumulate, it is making sure that it is administered in a transparent way, which also complies with any fiscal or legal requirements (not an area of expertise for me? Paul, any views?)

Would have thought that it would need to be run by some official organisation if it were deemed a 'goer' such as through the club, W'ite or such like.

The problem then is that whoever it was, would be perceived negatively by some chuff and you then get all the politicking to go with it.

Really don't have a view on best way forward, but a couple of blokes being responsible for a number of thousands of Pounds of 'collection' money is just asking for trouble of one sort or another.

Afraid life ain't as simple as it used to be...

It could be overseen by the club perhaps? It's fundraising at the end of the day, nothing too complex really.

Why should any wednesday fan have to go down this route? The clubs had our money through st sales, no way am i giving anymore money to another pre madonna footballer who doesn't give a throw about sheffield wednesday only their own bank balance.

Buy a season ticket

ST is for next season...

This is about someone thinking of an idea and trying to find a way of helping over the coming weeks and some people are luckily in a position that they can help in a small way. If there are enough of them, maybe some short term good can be done?

Probably right there triple j , lets get the names together first so we know we have enough backers and then put the money in ! :biggrin:

count me in, dont no how id justify to the mrs, £100 goin missin, but sod her. lol!

If it goes some way towards keeping us up, im deffo in, skint or not, where do i donate my £100. Surely we can find 500 out of the 20k that turned up that'd be more than willing to put that amount in!

Instead of asking Lee to bail us out, lets get together, and really make a statement. Put your money where your mouth is!

Guest mozzyblue

This is a cracking idea....if we could get enough people in on it. It would have to be done properly though.

I couldn't afford £100, but I would like to give soemthing. How about if we could set soemthing up where people could pledge an amount, whether it be £10 or £100????

Guest triple j

^^^^^^^^^^^

:biggrin:

This would be a stand alone money raising scheme not affiliated to any political group, Just fans who want to help.

I know plenty who wouldn't let any money go through in the name of Wednesdayite.

ST is for next season...

This is about someone thinking of an idea and trying to find a way of helping over the coming weeks and some people are luckily in a position that they can help in a small way. If there are enough of them, maybe some short term good can be done?

This will never work.

I know everyone in support of it will make the usual "its our club" gestures but this is never going to attract big support.

Its asking football fans to reach into their pocket to give money to a team who have failed so we can give more money to a player unwanted at his own club to try and stay in this league.

Its a noble idea in its way....but for many its just throwing money down a black hole. I'd rather pay my money for a ST and if LS and the team decide to inject some of that money into making sure we stay up thats fine.

This would be a stand alone money raising scheme not affiliated to any political group, Just fans who want to help.

I know plenty who wouldn't let any money go through in the name of Wednesdayite.

That's pathetic if so...

Good luck lads...will try and chuck some money in if i can afford it.

Any campaign by Wednesdayite would just p*ss off all non-Wednesdayite members as usual!!

There is a negative aspect to Wednesdayite; but as 33 said, the fund has to be administered as a trust with all the legal shennanigans that go with it. Given that we don't have much time - if this is a goer, it has to be Wednesdayite.

We could all go posting on all the on-line boards and drum up some interest which would hopefully get the number of contributors into the hundreds. Once we get decent momemtum, hopefully the club and media would then publicise the fund and more money come in.

Hopefully, some business would then agree to match the fans pound for pound.