An Idea!

Guest triple j

For quickness, lets just use the Wednesdayite Squad builder fund, its already set up

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cm...f7353d6a9263490

Also lets get this on Facebook, Twitter etc

Less talk, more action!!!! :biggrin:

We just need someone from Wednesdayite and the club to say yes.

Wednesdayite to say, yes, we'll hand every penny of the money over to the club by ........

SWFC to say, yes - circa £100k would indeed fund loan signings, we'll use every penny for a loan signing (they may not be able to release details)

Guest triple j

Well done everybody...!

Anyone in a position of influence able to to advise, assist or take up this idea of Triple J's...?

Any view on whether it is practical or would be welcomed...?

Don't leave it wiv geezers like me 'cos I'd have it away... I'd nick it, I would... 'cos I'm a bit weyyy....

Posted Image

It was actually your idea, My idea was for Lee to stump up the £100 grand.

It's a f*cking brilliant idea in my opinion, I really hope it comes to fruition.

Squadbuilder exists for this very reason.

It hasn't been too popular in the past as the previous regime did not wish to accept funds but I see no reason whatsoever why it could not now be used as the conduit for fans who want their money to be used in this way.

Wednesdayite always has and always will make 100% of the funds available in that account to the club for playing squad purposes.

It has always needed marketing - so if you all can help us get the message around and funds come pouring in then great - I'm sure they wouldn't be refused now.

One thing is for sure and thats we definatly need 1 or 2 loan players because our squad is way too small and not good enough to stay in this division, or wednesday can bring nobody else in and face a bigger cost of relegation

Guest triple j

Squadbuilder exists for this very reason.

It hasn't been too popular in the past as the previous regime did not wish to accept funds but I see no reason whatsoever why it could not now be used as the conduit for fans who want their money to be used in this way.

Wednesdayite always has and always will make 100% of the funds available in that account to the club for playing squad purposes.

It has always needed marketing - so if you all can help us get the message around and funds come pouring in then great - I'm sure they wouldn't be refused now.

I'm prepared to use Wednesdayite as a conduit for the money even though I'm not a fan, I hope other non-fans will too.

(Please don't pull me up on this, I have my reasons.)

I'm in.

In fact, why don't we get 20,000 fans to all give £1000 each (or 10,000 to give £2000 etc etc) and call ourselves long sort-after investors?

I'd be up for that too.

My personal dream - you've hit the nail on the head.

It appears from the 'leaked' documents that the investors in the club might be offered around 86% of the club for putting in new cash of £8m (with the bank then writing off £12m). The new investors then stand to get a significant multiple return on that investment if we get to the Premier League.

Why not offer the fans the chance instead? I mean, we did it with Save Our Owls in the 70's. And with the bank's proposed write off, are the bank bothered about whether the £8m comes from outside investors or the fans at large - £8m is £8m.

Accept minimum investments of £1000 from each interested fan and also get the Co-op (or other local bank) to offer a loan scheme of £1000 for fans who would like to spread the cost.

8000 fans at £1000 each = £8m. (or fewer fans if some invested more than £1000 each).

8000 of our own committed loyal diehard fans own 86% of the club - bingo.

8000 of our own committed loyal diehard fans having the upside - bingo.

And in any downside scenario I'd rather have the club owned by 8000 of our own committed loyal diehard fans than any external investor - we only have to look at Notts C and Portsmouth as recent horror stories.

I'd rather try this and fail first if we are only raising a relatively small sum like £8m and then LS and NP can get on with delivering their Plan as opposed to what seems like endless justification to external investors.

It appears from the 'leaked' documents that the investors in the club might be offered around 86% of the club for putting in new cash of £8m (with the bank then writing off £12m). The new investors then stand to get a significant multiple return on that investment if we get to the Premier League.

Why not offer the fans the chance instead? I mean, we did it with Save Our Owls in the 70's. And with the bank's proposed write off, are the bank bothered about whether the £8m comes from outside investors or the fans at large - £8m is £8m.

Accept minimum investments of £1000 from each interested fan and also get the Co-op (or other local bank) to offer a loan scheme of £1000 for fans who would like to spread the cost.

8000 fans at £1000 each = £8m. (or fewer fans if some invested more than £1000 each).

And in any downside scenario I'd rather have the club owned by 8000 of our own committed loyal diehard fans than any external investor - we only have to look at Notts C and Portsmouth as recent horror stories.

I'd rather try this and fail first if we are only raising a relatively small sum like £8m and then LS and NP can get on with delivering their Plan as opposed to what seems like endless justification to external investors.

I'd honestly LOVE to see wednesdayite put this to lee strafford as a simple and innovative idea.

Rich investors arn't around at the moment.

I'd buy £1k worth, and i'm sure i could get family members to as well, prehaps a bit more.

I honestly don't know why the club don't just attempt a new share issue for this deal, ask existing shareholders at an EGM, and propose a new offer.

The problem is underwriting it i suppose !

:blush:

I'm in x2

I guess the problem is the 'cost' of a new issue.

I don't see why we can't canvass interest and if we get around 8000 names who express an interest then it gives more confidence that it can actually be achieved and it is worth all the cost and effort.

I guess the other downside is the fear that if so many people spend a grand on shares, then will they buy season tickets?

Once again, I'm sure this could be canvassed prior to any commitment to a new share issue.

I guess the problem is the 'cost' of a new issue.

I don't see why we can't canvass interest and if we get around 8000 names who express an interest then it gives more confidence that it can actually be achieved and it is worth all the cost and effort.

I guess the other downside is the fear that if so many people spend a grand on shares, then will they buy season tickets?

Once again, I'm sure this could be canvassed prior to any commitment to a new share issue.

Prehaps the co-op could underwrite the issue ?

:biggrin:

Offer fans £1000 loans if they want to help invest in wednesday shares ?

Guest spiderbowels

Loads of Wednesday fans must have some money earning NO INTEREST in the bank. I have and I'd be more than willing to invest in The Wednesday. Daz's idea could work.

What about the shares that uncle dave gave to wednesdayite, Im sure they would make a significant difference, better to cash them in in our hour of need.

UTO

Guest johnowls

This is a cracking idea....if we could get enough people in on it. It would have to be done properly though.

I couldn't afford £100, but I would like to give soemthing. How about if we could set soemthing up where people could pledge an amount, whether it be £10 or £100????

How about if it was £50 per 2000 people?I would be in for definite as might many others,£100 would be too big a number for most but £50 would be more reasonable.