Wholesale changes

Those saying putting youth into a struggling team would destroy them seem to have forgottena bout Mark Beevers' entry into the team a few years back. Fighting for our lives and he had a stormer of a season when he came in midway through the campaign. Everyone was talking of him being a future England prospect and having Premiership managers interested in him. I think I remember hearing both Everton and Chelsea being linked with him in the papers back then. Boy he's gone downhill since then.

But people are suggesting a wholesale change and por tthe youth in.

Ridiculous

Boden is throw.

Absolutley throw.

Very constructive and intelligent comment. What an oaf you must be.

However, i must agree that chucking the youth team in won't help anything. Let's not panic yet - two bad results, granted, but we were on a cracking run before that and we can do it again

However, i must agree that chucking the youth team in won't help anything. Let's not panic yet - two bad results, granted, but we were on a cracking run before that and we can do it again

He has a valid point though.

Boden is throw.

Utter throw

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Too right.

You jump immediately to the defensive so I presume I've offended you... ah well.

I stand by what I said...Boden is throw... from watching him its clear he doesn't have the engine to play in midfield, his heading and tackling for a big kid is atrocious... players just skip by him, his left foot isn't bad from a dead ball but unfortunately for him 75% of the game is spent in play where it purely passes him by without being able to stamp any authority, he looks like he is treading treacle when he runs, no pace or skill so a place on either wing would be a waste of time, he'd be crossing the ball from the halfway line.

Overall he wouldn't add anything near what the current crock of poo poo offer, so for me dropping him in the 1st team would be totally pointless.

P.S He did well on loan in the lower leagues didn't he.... really made an impression.

Guest WoodhouseOwl77

Boden, Palmer, Soares (into centre mid), Macca, Miller, Nolan, Modest, wragg.

It's a big risk dropping the old pros, but when the old pro's are doing fookall, surely there must come a time when the younguns (miller aside) get a chance?

Who's ready for the 1st team and is it worth the risk?

I say yes. The current first team has hit a brick wall..We have kept a pretty similar team for ages now and it aint working.

Youth is not the way forward as our young uns are not good enough if they were they would have been picked by now. Yes the last two games have been poor but no need for such an over reaction we have won 5/9 which is play off form we need a reaction come Saturday against a team who are on top of their game I would expect Irvine to make some subtle changes with Nolan coming in. Hopefully there will be changes in Midfield with golden boy Potter making way.

It is insane to count on young players without bit experience to get us out of trouble, although few years ago, we would probably get relegated if it wasn't for emerging Beevers and McAllister who played huge part in our Championship survival.

Still, Boden is due a decent chance, and I would personally always have at least one academy fella on the bench, as a reward to the youngster who did best that week for our U-18's (both on training, and in the game, as recommended by McAuley).

It is insane to count on young players without bit experience to get us out of trouble, although few years ago, we would probably get relegated if it wasn't for emerging Beevers and McAllister who played huge part in our Championship survival.

Still, Boden is due a decent chance, and I would personally always have at least one academy fella on the bench, as a reward to the youngster who did best that week for our U-18's (both on training, and in the game, as recommended by McAuley).

That's all well and good in pinciple but it can only be if it's a good thing for the first team at that time.

Hardly think now is the time to panic and make wholesale changes? Yes, we lost the last two, IF we can get miller and JJ back in the side i think that gives us enough options. I dont see any of the youth players being better than what we have now, and theres only Macca proven(ish) at this level - and to play him you would have to change the team formation around. Pointless.

Whats worrying is that we have no youth ready to step through...I really hope we spend the summer picking up unwanted academy players from city and middlesboro again...

wragg .oliver and modest are not regular picks for the reserves so how can they be ready for the 1st team ,the best of the youngsters seems to be boden and lekaj and they not pulling up any trees .people said same thing a few years back get morrison ,crane, muller, stringer ,nicholson etc in ....how many off them made it

Morrison and Crane helped in saving us from relegation.

Stringer's career was ruined by injuries.

Nicholson was one of the brightest talents of English football year or two prior to that season.

No one can make me believe that those youngsters were brought true in the "proper" way, or that current lot is... :dry:

wragg .oliver and modest are not regular picks for the reserves so how can they be ready for the 1st team ,the best of the youngsters seems to be boden and lekaj and they not pulling up any trees .people said same thing a few years back get morrison ,crane, muller, stringer ,nicholson etc in ....how many off them made it

Morrison should have made it.

Stringer should have made it, but for injuries.

Crane had an attitude problem, me ex used to know him.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Too right.

You jump immediately to the defensive so I presume I've offended you... ah well.

I stand by what I said...Boden is throw... from watching him its clear he doesn't have the engine to play in midfield, his heading and tackling for a big kid is atrocious... players just skip by him, his left foot isn't bad from a dead ball but unfortunately for him 75% of the game is spent in play where it purely passes him by without being able to stamp any authority, he looks like he is treading treacle when he runs, no pace or skill so a place on either wing would be a waste of time, he'd be crossing the ball from the halfway line.

Overall he wouldn't add anything near what the current crock of poo poo offer, so for me dropping him in the 1st team would be totally pointless.

P.S He did well on loan in the lower leagues didn't he.... really made an impression.

I take it you haven't taken the time to go and watch the reserves or academy play ever then?

He only started two games for the first team last season from memory- Ipswich away and Fulham at home in the cup, and played very well in both games- if JJ wasn't so flipping hopeless in front of goal, Boden would have had 2 assists from the left wing against premiership Fulham, 2 brilliant crosses both of which were on a plate for JJ and both of which were missed.

He's consistantly good in training, and if you think that he's not physical enough, then you obviously haven't seen him play for about 3 years- that used to be the case but he can well and truly look after himself now.

Edited by TheBoyBeevers

Based on what ?

He's not done anything in the ressys and flopped massively whilst out on loan in League 2.

Boden is throw.

Absolutley throw.

He's made about 4 sub appearances and you come to this verdict? :blink:

Hope he doesn't read this site with fans like you making such definitive pronouncements.

I've seen him on two occasions and he played very well. Never gave the ball away. I'd like to see more of him.

Based on what ?

He's not done anything in the ressys and flopped massively whilst out on loan in League 2.

Well he gives two fooks about the club and is passionate which puts him in front of about 90% of the first team at the minute.

Gray's fooked on the left hand side of midfield, and i honestly don't see a better option there than Boden- the only other player is Esajas, and why the hell does he deserve a start after how poo he was on saturday?