Wholesale changes

Boden, Palmer, Soares (into centre mid), Macca, Miller, Nolan, Modest, wragg.

It's a big risk dropping the old pros, but when the old pro's are doing fookall, surely there must come a time when the younguns (miller aside) get a chance?

Who's ready for the 1st team and is it worth the risk?

I say yes. The current first team has hit a brick wall..We have kept a pretty similar team for ages now and it aint working.

It's a big risk dropping the old pros, but when the old pro's are doing fookall, surely there must come a time when the younguns (miller aside) get a chance?

I say yes. The current first team has hit a brick wall..We have kept a pretty similar team for ages now and it aint working.

Many managers won't risk youngsters - Palace seem to be able to do it Coppell and warnock have turned to their youth with success in the past- of ours I like wragg and would give modest at least 20 mins as a sub on the wing.

Young Oliver I haven't seen for a bit but I've got hopes for him making the first team

Guest totemowl

So 15 points out of 9 games isn't working. I always thought that was playoff form.

So 15 points out of 9 games isn't working. I always thought that was playoff form.

You've seen the last two games.

Do we look like a team who is going to keep up that form?

we're playing worse than we did in our last poor spell before christmas.

Guest totemowl

Oh. Does ages only go on for as long as 2 games now? If only I'd known I'd have replied with something witty along the lines that if we lost all our remaining games like we lost the last 2 we will go down.

Oh. Does ages only go on for as long as 2 games now? If only I'd known I'd have replied with something witty along the lines that if we lost all our remaining games like we lost the last 2 we will go down.

Do you go to the matches? anyone who went yesterday would have clearly seen that we are wretched at the moment. The wins when Irvine took over are history.

You have to be blind , stupid or stoned to oblivion to not see that the writing is on the wall.

I seriously doubt whether he can turn it around with the same team. We need to ring the changes.

Guest totemowl

Do you go to the matches? anyone who went yesterday would have clearly seen that we are wretched at the moment. The wins when Irvine took over are history.

You have to be blind , stupid or stoned to oblivion to not see that the writing is on the wall.

I seriously doubt whether he can turn it around with the same team. We need to ring the changes.

But the same team, except for Purse, got 5 wins from 7 games. But you want to take 'big risks' (your words again) because they lost 2 in a row!

We are wretched at the moment. But these defeats 'are history' and Irvine needs to take us back to winning ways.

Guest intercity0wl

Our youth team is pretty wretched as well - don't see that as being the immediate answer

Wretched is putting it nicely to honest.

Hmm. I could of sworn we had only lost 2 of our last eight games.

Must have got that wrong

If we get relegated I think we should only try to keep Hinds, JoC, Macca, Miller and Johnson, and promote some of the youth: Wragg, Boden, Lekaj, Modest etc. into the first team and have the remainder of the squad brought in by AI. Some new faces and a fresh team. Infact if I were manager even if we stay up I'd do this, but maybe not promote as many/if any atall of the youth team.

I'd say we look the part of a team that has had a truly poo spell and are only just making adjustments to play better. AI has come in and we've won several games, then also lost some. What did you expect, that our team would automatically transform into play-off chasing material... come on! Get behind the team and I'm still confident AI will turn these boys around, also mentally, into a hard-fighting team.

I think youth could be the long term answer for us with low transfer budgets etc, but putting them in a struggling team thats fighting for survival would ruin them. Youth players need to be put into a first team gradually, perhaps given the last 15mins or so for a few games before being thrown into a situation like ours at the moment!

Those saying putting youth into a struggling team would destroy them seem to have forgottena bout Mark Beevers' entry into the team a few years back. Fighting for our lives and he had a stormer of a season when he came in midway through the campaign. Everyone was talking of him being a future England prospect and having Premiership managers interested in him. I think I remember hearing both Everton and Chelsea being linked with him in the papers back then. Boy he's gone downhill since then.