Wholesale changes

I've heard only good things about Palmer and Cottingham, but never seen them play.

Wouldn't throw them in at the deep end when facing a relegation battle, though.

IF Alan Irvine can pull off what he did at Preston and secure our Championship status with 3-4 games to go, I'd think about giving them a run-out, though. Obviously, Palmer has already been on the bench, so hopefully that means AI sees something in him.

We have one of the best academy managers in the country.

Who was the last youth player to successfully come through our ranks?

Who out of the current youth set up is ready to step up to the first team?

I really wish we had stuck with that plan of hoovering up discarded academy players. Whelan, Brunt, Collins - all decent enough, and i would love to have any of them at Hillsborough right now. Cost nowt, little wages, decent sell on potential.

We have one of the best academy managers in the country.

Who was the last youth player to successfully come through our ranks?

Who out of the current youth set up is ready to step up to the first team?

I really wish we had stuck with that plan of hoovering up discarded academy players. Whelan, Brunt, Collins - all decent enough, and i would love to have any of them at Hillsborough right now. Cost nowt, little wages, decent sell on potential.

WOULD IMAGINE WE COULD SNAP UP COLLINS ....DARLO RELEASED HIM 2 YEARS AGO .....NOT SURE ABOUT HIS SELL ON POTENTIAL

Its a nice idea but what have they done to be considered for promotion? By all accounts this was supposed to be the brightest bunch of academy prospects for many years. OK at that level results aren't everything, but come on this team has been floundering at the bottom of the league all season and have been on the receiving end of some sound thrashings. When they have been promoted to the reserves, they have been outclassed by youngsters from the likes of Burton, Port Vale and Shrewsbury. I'm not writing them off just yet but no way are they ready for the rough and tumble of a championship relegation scrap. Personally I think we need to look at the whole coaching set up at youth level as we are producing neither players or results.