Who have we nearly signed

Guest Walkley_Owl

everyone who's kicked a football according to those ITK on this site

Pleat was after him when he was about 19, bottled out of shelling £4m though

For Fulham

Wayne Rooney was supposed to sign but was injured at the time, we bought Sean Doherty instead who has just been released by Sligo.

Nemanja Vidic was offered to Coleman for £1m but he thought he wasn't good enough.

These are actually true

I remember that we were rumoured to be signing Oyvind Leonardson when he was at Wimbledon before he ultimately signed for Liverpool sometime in the 90's. I was gutted when he didn't join us as I thought he was a fantastic player.

I also used to work in a pub and regularly got told that a car was prepared at Gilders with Matt Le Tissier's name sprayed on it and someone had seen him walking out of Hillsborough!

Two very old ones......Jimmy Hagan and in the 1960's Wyn Davies. With the Davies one apparently we wouldn't talk personal terms until he'd agreed to sign so he joined Newcastle and we bought John Ritchie instead.

Also, after Big Ron left second time around we approached Kevin Keegan as manager but the budget wasn't big enough.....

Guest aphextwins

I heard Andy Townsend talking on Talk Sport a while ago saying he was minutes away from signing for us but went to Villa instead.