Two things have me stumped

I don't rate Carlos, I have made this clear. I think a top manager would've got us promoted last season.

However, that is just my opinion. I can't prove I'm right, nobody can prove I'm wrong.

Opinions about faster tempo, different formations, lack of pace, team selection, favoured players etc etc are again simply that - opinions.

However there are two things that I just simply cannot get my head around.

1. Numerous people on here (me included) said before the Preston match that it would be absolute madness to pick Hutch. Until we signed a new centre half - he had to be wrapped in cotton wool!

This is just basic management theory - risk v reward. The potential risks of playing him were large. The rewards of playing him were few when Jones is a perfectly capable deputy.

How on earth can Carlos justify having to play a Pudil at centre half because of this choice that he made?

We could see it! Why couldn't he?

2. The signings last season made virtually nil impact. When it really counted in the play offs he basically reverted to the 'Wembley team'. With that in mind, the signings this season had to make a difference.

He assures us that Boyd was his top target.

Boyd played in nearly all of the pre-season matches.

Boyd started at Preston.

Boyd has started nearly every match for Burnley over the past three seasons. Two of these in the PL and the other in a promotion winning team.

Yet after just one match, he has dropped his only signing for the last three matches.

I am absolutely baffled by these two things.

There is no obvious clear strategy, clear thinking or clear process.

I have no faith in Carlos and win, lose or draw at Fulham - he should be sacked. He isn't going to get us promoted.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt
  • Like 1

Completely agree. The guy is floundering. He's assembled a bloated squad, buying player after player (whilst moving very few on). There is no clear strategy, and excessive rotation stops the team from gaining any sort of momentum. Every game we seem to have a new combination of strikers. The guy is clueless, we should never have kept him on in the summer and the sooner we get rid of him the better. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, modboy said:

agree its all ridiculous. Especially how he wont play new signings.

Which adds fuel to the theory Carlos has no say in who the club signs. He has his favourites and will play them come what may , even playing people out of position to make sure he can shoehorn them into the team . 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Which adds fuel to the theory Carlos has no say in who the club signs. He has his favourites and will play them come what may , even playing people out of position to make sure he can shoehorn them into the team . 

Although Carlos strongly denies that whenever he is asked.

Why would he lie?

Jokanovic has just said how it is at Fulham in the media.

2 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Although Carlos strongly denies that whenever he is asked.

Why would he lie?

Jokanovic has just said how it is at Fulham in the media.

Carlos says nothing in the media though does he - he talks in riddles and send you to sleep. 

• Haha 2

Hard to find fault in either point in the OP. Both situations are somewhat baffling.

Guess we have to remember this is uncharted territory for Carlos. He's never been at a club for this long so has no experience of freshening up a team after two seasons, particularly two seasons of coming so close to the prize.