Club resources - option A or B?

We have to keep within FFP rules and have been spending some significant money on fees and salaries.

So if you had to choose which of these would it be ?

Option one

Fletcher

Hooper

Forestieri

Winnall

Rhodes

Option two

Fletcher

Hooper

Forestieri

Winnall

Pulled out of signing Rhodes (assuming that's possible) and buy :

£5m centre half

£5m right winger

(both with sell on potential)

What would you do?

6 minutes ago, WayneTheOwl said:

Rhodes will get 20+ next season under the right manager and with a couple of players in the side what know how to cross a ball or pick a killer pass. Simple as.

Yep spot on 

people say Rhodes can't play as a lone striker but I'd bet he'd even score more goals in that Huddersfield team last night than in ours

We have some of the best strikers in the league, but we have the same creativity as Rotherham. In fact I think Rotherham created more chances when we played them recently 

money needs to be spent to solve the creativity in midfield 

Alan Shearer says as a striker he wanted 3-4 chances a game to score. He would love playing in our team this season 

:duntmatter:

Edited by Southie_Owl

5 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I get the impression Rhodes is a done deal. 

Sign Bartley from Swansea (contract up?) and look for some strong and quick midfielders within whatever budget we have and then play them.

The last thing we need is more midfielders. We need wingers and a cb or two. Possibly another full back. 

In any event we need a streamline of the squad. We need a strong, consistent starting 11 with suitable replacements who can step in for resting and injuries. 

For me 2 of bannan, hutch, abdi, or lee play in the middle or 3 if we operate a 4 5 1. We need to stop forcing players in for the sake of it. And I qould say we are verybwell covered in the midfield area. 

14 minutes ago, Warringtonowl said:

The last thing we need is more midfielders. We need wingers and a cb or two. Possibly another full back. 

In any event we need a streamline of the squad. We need a strong, consistent starting 11 with suitable replacements who can step in for resting and injuries. 

For me 2 of bannan, hutch, abdi, or lee play in the middle or 3 if we operate a 4 5 1. We need to stop forcing players in for the sake of it. And I qould say we are verybwell covered in the midfield area. 

I was classing wingers as a midfielder, but I think we need someone to do what Hutchinson does when he's out. 

Im just tired of seeing teams with energy and strength preventing us from playing 

Rhodes and Winnal thrive and score goals from crossing the ball, they will score for fun if we can adapt to play this type of football.

For me we need a new CB or move Hutch back and replace him in the middle and two new full backs.

Guest Ash76
32 minutes ago, WayneTheOwl said:

Rhodes will get 20+ next season under the right manager and with a couple of players in the side what know how to cross a ball or pick a killer pass. Simple as.

No chance, won't get enough game time. Not good enough, he's 3rd choice at minute but Winnall offers more and that'll likely be reflected next season

It's like McGugan all over again, fans clamouring for the deal when the reality is he isn't good enough 

Edited by Ash76

1 minute ago, Ash76 said:

No chance, won't get enough game time. Not good enough, he's 3rd choice at minute but Winnall offers more and that'll likely be reflected next season

It's like McGugan all over again, fans clamouring for the deal when the reality is he isn't good enough 

If you believe that to be reality then your world is a little messed up. 

2009  Brentford (loan) 14 (7)
2009–2012 Huddersfield Town 124 (73)
2012–2016 Blackburn Rovers 159 (83)
2016– Middlesbrough 24 (6)

So that is 1 every 180 mins for Brentford. 1 every 152 mins for Huddersfield. 1 in every 172 mins for Blackburn and 1 in every 360 mins for Middlesborough (assuming he played 90 minutes of every game). Appreciate the stats are lower this season under Carlos which kind of sums it up for me. Your telling me he isn't good enough? Really..........

49 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

We have to keep within FFP rules and have been spending some significant money on fees and salaries.

So if you had to choose which of these would it be ?

Option one

Fletcher

Hooper

Forestieri

Winnall

Rhodes

Option two

Fletcher

Hooper

Forestieri

Winnall

Pulled out of signing Rhodes (assuming that's possible) and buy :

£5m centre half

£5m right winger

(both with sell on potential)

What would you do?

Option One.

We'll add to the squad in the summer and move out a chunk of players not in the same league as Jordan Rhodes - that will release funds for the investment.

Best of both world.

Job done!

10 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

His record at this level would p*ss all over your argument (and any other strikers record at this level)!

Guest Ash76

Yup, I have eyes and I use them to assess a players performances and not look over their stats.

Seeing as you've posted his stats I believe the best we will get from him will be what he delivered for Middlesbrough.

I've not come to this viewpoint since he arrived, I never wanted him off then back of what I've seen from him previously, specifically for Boro.

His performances for us are very similar, no pace, doesn't work hard enough, first touch isn't consistent, no relationships with teammates. His positives are his strength, decent in air but last night poor and he takes up some good positions but the latter is the minimum you'd expect from a striker.

I called the McGugan signing

as a bad one, this will be the same 

Guest Ash76
3 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

His record at this level would p*ss all over your argument (and any other strikers record at this level)!

His record at this level ain't even the best of our current strikers.

Look at his record the last 2 years, poor. The lad peaked 3 or 4 years ago