Can't decide whether this pic makes me angry or sad.

Angry because he might be happy to take his wage and coast until he moves on.

Sad because he's properly let himself go and we've not given him an opportunity to show how good he can be.

...or maybe his attitude really is an issue and has pushed him to the sidelines.

...or maybe he's genuinely not good enough to get anywhere near our 18 man squad now.

Really like Mcgugan as a player but are we thinking this will be his last season with us?

received_120332000378434410.jpeg

Guest wilyfox

Don't know. There's been so much BS speculation over McGugan, FF, and Abdi this season. I suspect only a select few know what's really gone on. 

14 minutes ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

Can't decide whether this pic makes me angry or sad.

Angry because he might be happy to take his wage and coast until he moves on.

Sad because he's properly let himself go and we've not given him an opportunity to show how good he can be.

...or maybe his attitude really is an issue and has pushed him to the sidelines.

...or maybe he's genuinely not good enough to get anywhere near our 18 man squad now.

Really like Mcgugan as a player but are we thinking this will be his last season with us?

received_120332000378434410.jpeg

Properly let himself go wish I'd let myself go like that.

Edited by coopswfc76

1 minute ago, DielnaFromDistance said:

A mate of mine went to a dinner where Carlos and Lee Bullen were guests, about 8 weeks ago. The question of Mcgugan was asked and Bullen answered "he just doesn't want to play football". To say Coaches are normally pretty guarded when asked that kind of question, it is a pretty damming statement.

It's difficult being a footballer. People don't realise but the amount of bankrupt cases, depression, suicides that go on in football is off the charts. 

Just now, DielnaFromDistance said:

A mate of mine went to a dinner where Carlos and Lee Bullen were guests, about 8 weeks ago. The question of Mcgugan was asked and Bullen answered "he just doesn't want to play football". To say Coaches are normally pretty guarded when asked that kind of question, it is a pretty damming statement.

Grounds for termination of contract if true? Although probably not what was said.

Lets try that one in our jobs, I just don't want to work boss. No problem son, let us know when you do, we'll pay you anyway! :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

I sincerely hope none of those are relevant to Lewis.

Fingers crossed. Might add up though if he's fallen out of love with football. Best of luck to the guy and hopefully he can get back to his best soon!