Surely the obbsession with Abdi is simply a case of our fans wanting our big image big money signing to do well so they are telling themselves that he 'runs games' and 'looks a class act.' Surely fans are pretending that this is happening because thats what they want to be happening.

I havnt seen a single positive moment, barring an admittedly great goal, in his 6 or 7 appearances.

I'd like someone to point me towards 5 positive moments other than the goal.

Point out match and minute of said "positive moment" and I will watch back.

2 minutes ago, PuntItLikeDielna said:

Watch his performance at Forest: keeps the ball brilliantly, and makes intelligent passes to get us on the attack. When he went off we stopped playing

I cannot comment on this performance. I was not at this match. Regardless, I have seen him 6 or 7 other times and he has been nothing short of poor on every single level. Taking into account a very positive performance against Forest, I do not think he has shown anywhere near enough to suggest he should be starting for Wednesday at the moment.

Just now, Fibonacci91 said:

I cannot comment on this performance. I was not at this match. Regardless, I have seen him 6 or 7 other times and he has been nothing short of poor on every single level. Taking into account a very positive performance against Forest, I do not think he has shown anywhere near enough to suggest he should be starting for Wednesday at the moment.

Give me a game where he looked poor then

2 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Jesus wept.

45 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Surely the obbsession with Abdi is simply a case of our fans wanting our big image big money signing to do well so they are telling themselves that he 'runs games' and 'looks a class act.' Surely fans are pretending that this is happening because thats what they want to be happening.

I havnt seen a single positive moment, barring an admittedly great goal, in his 6 or 7 appearances.

I'd like someone to point me towards 5 positive moments other than the goal.

Point out match and minute of said "positive moment" and I will watch back.

Thats more relevant about Jordan Rhodes than Abdi, to be honest

Just now, PuntItLikeDielna said:

Give me a game where he looked poor then

He has looked incredibly average at best, I am being incredibly generous there, every time I have seen him play. Point me to 3 positive moments in any game other than the Forest game. Watch the game back and get back to me with the minute of "positive moment"

Been injured or carrying an injury most of the season , how you can fairly judge his impact given the circumstances is impossible.

The only fair thing to say is his transfer has so far proved to be underwhelming but that's not the players fault. 

Just now, gurujuan said:

Thats more relevant about Jordan Rhodes than Abdi, to be honest

I dont think that is true. I dont think many fans would argue that Fletch and Hoops should be starting at the minute. Rhodes poor form has to be something to do with lack of service we get to him though. we changed formation personel and the way we played when Rhodes got dropped and this is why the other two got some increased luck. 

36 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

He has looked incredibly average at best, I am being incredibly generous there, every time I have seen him play. Point me to 3 positive moments in any game other than the Forest game. Watch the game back and get back to me with the minute of "positive moment"

He was good in the away game at Norwich. Clearly works better in a midfield three though

Abdi does the simple things very well - pass and move, finding a space, looking for forward passes or dragging markers out of position. He doesn't need to be particularly skilful or have lots of flair. This is what most fans do not notice about his overall play. Every time you see him play when we have the ball he is always finding space and is always looking around for a pass. He doesn't run with the ball as this isn't the player he is. What he does is what all good central midfielders do and is pass and move, keep it simple and connect the defence with the attack.

Just now, elyowl1 said:

Been injured or carrying an injury most of the season , how you can fairly judge his impact given the circumstances is impossible.

The only fair thing to say is his transfer has so far proved to be underwhelming but that's not the players fault. 

Thats a fair comment but to say he has looked class and runs games and should be playing over Bannan is literal insanity.

Just now, abrodie2002 said:

Abdi does the simple things very well - pass and move, finding a space, looking for forward passes or dragging markers out of position. He doesn't need to be particularly skilful or have lots of flair. This is what most fans do not notice about his overall play. Every time you see him play when we have the ball he is always finding space and is always looking around for a pass. He doesn't run with the ball as this isn't the player he is. What he does is what all good central midfielders do and is pass and move, keep it simple and connect the defence with the attack.

I dont think he has had many moments of positive impact on games. Regardless of what he does and doesnt do, he hasnt done enough, he does very little.