Turgid Football

My thoughts RE: The Leeds match. Slow, unattractive, turgid. This needs to change.

I'd let CC have until the end of the season and then (unless we get promoted) that is it.

We need to play a more direct style instead of the tippy-tappy stuff that is not very exciting to watch. Granted, if we were winning every game and top of the league I would not be making this statement, but we are not, hence:

IMHO CC is coming home to roost. His tactics may have worked in the short-term, but long-term he is not IMHO a good enough manager to work. Maybe in Portugal or wherever else he has been, but from what I've read from his previous work, he normally lasts about 13 months in a job by which time I imagine his impact has gone. I don't believe in making a change at this point in the season, but as I said earlier, unless we are promoted which feels unlikely to me, then it's time to go Mr. C.

:manager: = :duntmatter:

1 hour ago, owlsfan82 said:

My thoughts RE: The Leeds match. Slow, unattractive, turgid. This needs to change.

I'd let CC have until the end of the season and then (unless we get promoted) that is it.

We need to play a more direct style instead of the tippy-tappy stuff that is not very exciting to watch. Granted, if we were winning every game and top of the league I would not be making this statement, but we are not, hence:

IMHO CC is coming home to roost. His tactics may have worked in the short-term, but long-term he is not IMHO a good enough manager to work. Maybe in Portugal or wherever else he has been, but from what I've read from his previous work, he normally lasts about 13 months in a job by which time I imagine his impact has gone. I don't believe in making a change at this point in the season, but as I said earlier, unless we are promoted which feels unlikely to me, then it's time to go Mr. C.

:manager: = :duntmatter:

Bet you voted Brexit too 

Just now, The Dukeries Owl said:

You mind change your mind after all the prices go up. The world runs on dollars and the pound doesn't buy that many now.

The pound was overpriced and against the euro you still get more compared to a few years back. I've stopped buying Marmite now due to the currency exchange against Burton on Trent pounds.

33 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

The pound was overpriced and against the euro you still get more compared to a few years back. I've stopped buying Marmite now due to the currency exchange against Burton on Trent pounds.

The pound has been at 1.50 to the dollar or more for 20 years. In worldwide terms the euro is like monopoly money. Effin wake up!

3 hours ago, Bpmber said:

You should have watched us in the  70s that was brilliant yesterday by comparison.

It weren't it was brill, we used to sing, we're crap and we know we are.....we're crap and we know we are........come an av a go at the east bank agro...ello, ello..

Ah, it was dead brill in them days..

2 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

It weren't it was brill, we used to sing, we're crap and we know we are.....we're crap and we know we are........come an av a go at the east bank agro...ello, ello..

Ah, it was dead brill in them days..

All 7 and a half thousand of us.