Turgid Football

4 hours ago, Sonny said:

Turgid - one of those words that's only used in football nowadays and it doesn't even mean what people think it does.

Unless you mean that our football is swollen and pompous?

I stand corrected. I'll change my thread to boring football.

5 hours ago, Sonny said:

Turgid - one of those words that's only used in football nowadays and it doesn't even mean what people think it does.

Unless you mean that our football is swollen and pompous?

When you correct people's understanding of words.... and get it wrong. 

Oh dear. 

Turgid is is quite correct when referring to our style of football. 

Just now, Sonny said:

Not sure how you can speak for him but he's already said he meant boring. Does turgid mean boring?

Oh my word. 

i can't be arsed. 

Feel free to to post a sanctimonious response.  It's standard. 

2 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Oh my word. 

i can't be arsed. 

Feel free to to post a sanctimonious response.  It's standard. 

Will do! Can't be arsed (or just wrong). A turgid understanding of the dictionary.

Edited by Sonny

4 minutes ago, Almat said:

Plus it's not like Leeds had to be any good to win it (because they aren't).

Nope. 

They did very little. Thought they played much better at S6 earlier in the season. 

Was very poor how we threw the towel in once the pen was missed. Seemingly any desire or belief to get themselves back in the game went from that point onwards. 

O.K. O.K.

Regardless of the meaning of the word, I think we can ALL agree that it was a poor performance on Saturday. That is all I wanted to say really. It was slow, and really boring to watch. I never meant it to turn into an English lesson. I for one do not want to watch this slow boring football. Where is the fast attacking football we were promised by Mr. Chansiri?

That is all.

lol

6 minutes ago, owlsfan82 said:

O.K. O.K.

Regardless of the meaning of the word, I think we can ALL agree that it was a poor performance on Saturday. That is all I wanted to say really. It was slow, and really boring to watch. I never meant it to turn into an English lesson. I for one do not want to watch this slow boring football. Where is the fast attacking football we were promised by Mr. Chansiri?

That is all.

lol

You must leave matches early. It always happens in the last 10 minutes.

On 26/02/2017 at 23:16, SiJ said:

Nope. 

They did very little. Thought they played much better at S6 earlier in the season. 

Was very poor how we threw the towel in once the pen was missed. Seemingly any desire or belief to get themselves back in the game went from that point onwards. 

I'll be honest SIJ, I thought the substitutions were the game changer for me, Carlos just couldn't wait to get Bannan on and why for the life of me didn't we see Winnall instead of Fletcher I'll never know.

Carlos brought in lot of class and quality, and class on the ball, and then for some reason decided to shackle all that talent with zillion of tactical and defensive duties.

I say, give this lads bit of freedom, and lets see what they can really do.

I think he was right to tighten things up earlier in the season but his lack of willingness to play wingers has caused a problem. I thought Bannan gave us more energy and Fletcher was brought on to battle with the likes of Jansson, but Leeds have a very tight defense and we simply ran out of ideas. 

On 26 February 2017 at 18:50, Ronnie Starling said:

Calm down little snowflake spring is around the corner.

Spring is when things come home to roost. 53% of our imports come from Europe, 47% of the rest has to be paid for in dollars which is now worth 18% less: do the maths it's not difficult.