We really are a different club

Ian

You will all know that I've had many many issues over the years with Sheffield Wednesday, from the major issues with Dave Allen to the lesser, almost comical ones with the club shop.

And whilst I'm sure all is not perfect there really is a change in attitude and a "we will help if we can" thinking from all I come in to contact with these days.

My mum and dad are in and approaching their 80's and have always been season ticket holders but recently match day for my mum has gone from being what she looked forward to to something she made herself ill thinking about...whether this be the continual cold night matches in winter, having a long walk from the car to the ground and more recently the number of steps she had to climb to get to her seat in the South Stand.

A combination of Tim Barlow and Katie Johnson at the club have this week sorted a number of things out for her, with a minimum of fuss, that means tonight for the first time she is looking forward to the match day experience and not dreading the start and end

And I don't think this is a one off....its an attitude I see more and more at Hillsborough and its contagious.

Well done Sheffield Wednesday

7 minutes ago, Ian said:

You will all know that I've had many many issues over the years with Sheffield Wednesday, from the major issues with Dave Allen to the lesser, almost comical ones with the club shop.

And whilst I'm sure all is not perfect there really is a change in attitude and a "we will help if we can" thinking from all I come in to contact with these days.

My mum and dad are in and approaching their 80's and have always been season ticket holders but recently match day for my mum has gone from being what she looked forward to to something she made herself ill thinking about...whether this be the continual cold night matches in winter, having a long walk from the car to the ground and more recently the number of steps she had to climb to get to her seat in the South Stand.

A combination of Tim Barlow and Katie Johnson at the club have this week sorted a number of things out for her, with a minimum of fuss, that means tonight for the first time she is looking forward to the match day experience and not dreading the start and end

And I don't think this is a one off....its an attitude I see more and more at Hillsborough and its contagious.

Its great that your mum amd dad still go to games in their 80's Ian and get pleasure from it. Wonderful really, though i don't think your mum is on her own in regards to not enjoying matches, particularly when we are 1-0 up with 25 minutes to go amd convinced the opposing team will get the equaliser lol. On a serious note, its nice that the club are trying to help your mum and make her trips to Hillsborough a little easier. Well done Wednesday and more importantly, well done and all the very best to your wonderful mum and dad. Supporters in their 80's . Great stuff.

Edited by Mick De Lyons

23 minutes ago, Ian said:

Brilliant post mate 

Guest addedtime

Is that Tim in the ticket office? He was fantastic sorting me a one match move to sit with my lad's footy team for the Forest match. Top guy.

Katie Johnson is amazing. My lad sent his shirt to be signed by the team and she sorted everything - even called me to say it was on its way back.

they even returned the £5 pocket money my lad sent as a thank you. 

Credit to the OP on this post it's great to hear and hope they enjoy tonight. Top club & top staff in my experience.

16 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

Katie Johnson is amazing. My lad sent his shirt to be signed by the team and she sorted everything - even called me to say it was on its way back.

they even returned the £5 pocket money my lad sent as a thank you. 

Credit to the OP on this post it's great to hear and hope they enjoy tonight. Top club & top staff in my experience.

Interesting i might send mine erm my Son's inlolThat would mean me having to buy one though, which I won't be doing this season :duntmatter:

All this stuff happening at our football club now is fantastic and it is mainly all down to one man. 

Mr Chansiri

Not saying any of this sort of thing didn't go on under previous owners, because obviously to a certain extent it did.

But Mr Chansiri has taken our club to a whole new level, both on the pitch and off it.

Proud to be a Wednesday fan.