What have Brighton got that we don't?

3 minutes ago, roaminowl said:

I just yearn for the day when we can have a discussion about Brighton without all these homophobic comments.

To be fair, there's only been one that I spotted. All in all it's a well balanced discussion, though personally I think some Owls fans are being overly harsh about the Wednesday team and squad, maybe it's going to take a bit more time, or maybe missing a player or two to be at the top. But as has been proved for the past 4 or 5 seasons, it's a really tough league, and takes a lot of work, a fair amount of money, and no shortage talent to get out of it, there's no shame in making the Championship play off final. 

11 minutes ago, Oldshirts said:

To be fair, there's only been one that I spotted. All in all it's a well balanced discussion, though personally I think some Owls fans are being overly harsh about the Wednesday team and squad, maybe it's going to take a bit more time, or maybe missing a player or two to be at the top. But as has been proved for the past 4 or 5 seasons, it's a really tough league, and takes a lot of work, a fair amount of money, and no shortage talent to get out of it, there's no shame in making the Championship play off final. 

To be fair, I've hidden loads. :rolleyes:

Bar one dip they've been up and around the top half for 4/5 seasons. 

We've done that once.

we're 3/4 years behind them - as we are a number of other established championship sides. 

Consistency and a goal scorer, which go hand in hand in my opinion. I know I'm in the minority here but I don't believe they are miles better than we are. Is Dunk miles better than Lees for example? Is Knockaert miles better than Forestieri? Is someone like Sidwell miles better than a Lee/Bannan?

Edited by TomtheOwl95

What have Brighton got that we don't? - A clear target at the start of the season, Top 2 or nothing!,

All in, No 3rd, Desperation to overturn a terrible finish to last year,

Brighton always have gave the impression they considered themselves equals to the relegated sides,

All impressions made so far on the pitch prove that,

Brighton are ex playoff losers - We are still labelled as Playoff final losers, We have never put out there a big enough statement of intent to shake that tag, Middlesborough did it the year before, Boro was the example we needed to follow,

Karanka and Steve Gibson accepted no playoff last year after Wembley,

I'm not critical of what we are doing but we are no way shaping up like I expected, The plan in my mind was to be setup in similar vein to Boro last year, But year in year out the league is increasingly bonkers, Just got to enjoy the ride, and the nice feeling to be able to be considered amongst the best in the league,

7 minutes ago, modboy said:

as a club inc infrastructure they are decades ahead

Are they balls. 

Until about seven years ago they were playing at a flipping school running track. 

Some right mellow dramatic waffle going on in this thread. 

15 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Are they balls. 

Until about seven years ago they were playing at a flipping school running track. 

Some right mellow dramatic waffle going on in this thread. 

ok half a decade. You seen their facilities? Amazing

albion-fc-training-ground.jpg

6 minutes ago, modboy said:

ok half a decade. You seen their facilities? Amazing

albion-fc-training-ground.jpg

You see this stuff and it just underlines how far we have to go, our journey is still at the very beginning, which is why plenty of patience is required. And yes, it is real....... f*****g sea views too!!! !

Screen Shot 2017-01-05 at 10.54.58 pm.png

Edited by Morepork