Take Care with those Wishes.

I don't quite get it!  

Maybe that's my fault, but why all the all the heavy criticism of CC?  Comments on here lately such as, 'useless', 'got to go', 'doesn't know what he's doing', 'poor tactician', 'only one game plan', 'clueless', 'wasting resources' etc just don't stack up to me.

In the most competitive and unpredicatable league, certainly in England, if not Europe, (see Newcastle 0 v 2 Wolves), we are currently 1 win off the play-offs and 2 off the top two and only nine games in.  We are playing some pretty decent football, creating hatsful of chances, must surely be top of the entertainment league in terms of excitement generated, and averaging over 25,000 home gates.

I know we all want to 'p*** the league' and be top all season but let's temper our heady expectation with a touch of realism. I can understand and empathise with genuine frustration, but not blind and destructive knee-jerk criticism.

Above all, let's just also be careful about what we wish for:  to those who want a new face at the helm, please tell me who you would prefer to take over from CC.  I would ask you to take a look at Derby/Pearson, Sunderland/Moyes, Leeds/Monk, Who do wish for who would be prepared to manage in the Championship?    This is the best Wednesday back room set up and the best playing staff for years.  For crying out loud let's just have patience and a little faith and cease all this senseless knocking eh?

31 minutes ago, BarnOwl55 said:

I don't quite get it!  

Maybe that's my fault, but why all the all the heavy criticism of CC?  Comments on here lately such as, 'useless', 'got to go', 'doesn't know what he's doing', 'poor tactician', 'only one game plan', 'clueless', 'wasting resources' etc just don't stack up to me.

In the most competitive and unpredicatable league, certainly in England, if not Europe, (see Newcastle 0 v 2 Wolves), we are currently 1 win off the play-offs and 2 off the top two and only nine games in.  We are playing some pretty decent football, creating hatsful of chances, must surely be top of the entertainment league in terms of excitement generated, and averaging over 25,000 home gates.

I know we all want to 'p*** the league' and be top all season but let's temper our heady expectation with a touch of realism. I can understand and empathise with genuine frustration, but not blind and destructive knee-jerk criticism.

Above all, let's just also be careful about what we wish for:  to those who want a new face at the helm, please tell me who you would prefer to take over from CC.  I would ask you to take a look at Derby/Pearson, Sunderland/Moyes, Leeds/Monk, Who do wish for who would be prepared to manage in the Championship?    This is the best Wednesday back room set up and the best playing staff for years.  For crying out loud let's just have patience and a little faith and cease all this senseless knocking eh?

Good post

Best manager since BigRon (and more loyal). 

Some people think we have gone poo poo just because our run of games this season have not been easy. For me, we have been punished in most games (Brentford, Bristol City, Birmingham and Notts Forest)  against the run of play. Albeit we are not controlling games from the off like we did last year, the character and team spirit we are showing to get results has been brilliant. This is the sign of not only a great dressing room but also, great management. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

Its just fans reacting "After The Lord Mayors Show". We over acheived last season given we had a new owner, coach and players that didn't really have time to settle in and this year expectations were/are high.  If we can get in the top 6 and be  hovering around there all season the fans will settle.  At the moment its a bit like Xmas when you've opened all your presents and just got socks and shaving cream - nice but not what you were hoping for.   But then the wife turns up in that underwear you bought her and hey ho you realise Xmas isnt over !

38 minutes ago, BarnOwl55 said:

I don't quite get it!  

your English is getting quite good Carlos.:manager:

9 minutes ago, doubleo said:

Its just fans reacting "After The Lord Mayors Show". We over acheived last season given we had a new owner, coach and players that didn't really have time to settle in and this year expectations were/are high.  If we can get in the top 6 and be  hovering around there all season the fans will settle.  At the moment its a bit like Xmas when you've opened all your presents and just got socks and shaving cream - nice but not what you were hoping for.   But then the wife turns up in that underwear you bought her and hey ho you realise Xmas isnt over !

Photos?

Patience is the key. During the game especially. We don't have the electrifying pace in the side to hit teams on the counter. When a break is on the players k ow their limits. Time and again yesterday we broke only for it to slow down and for us to pass and probe for an opening. That's what we do. That's our way of playing. It works more often than not. We need to get on board with it and embrace it. We are a team that passes its way to goals. 

There are some on here who hate us being patient calling it 'tippy tappy' & think if we're not lumping it forward or in the box we are never going to score, ignoring that ALL the best and most successful teams play this 'tippy tappy'.

They must explode when watching the champions league.

20 minutes ago, 1867owl said:

Our fans are, by and large, total w*nkers.

This site is just an extension of that.

All fans have an element of deluded kn*bheads, but we genuinely have more than most, no question. 

True, we do have a few idiots on here, just look at the above post for an example...

lol

Anyone else noticed how many relatively "new" posters there are in this thread ?

Whilst I agree with the OP about some of the knee jerk reactions, it's not unreasonable for fans to question whether we've got our tactics right. Nobody on here would claim to know more about tactics than Carlos, that would be crazy, but it doesn't necessarily mean he's always right. For example, we forego a defensive midfielder, when probably 99% of professional football coaches around the world employ at least one. Is that a brave move by our Carlos, or simply foolhardy? Time will tell, I guess, but my point is, it wouldn't be unreasonable for supporters to query this. It's how they do it, that matters.