What the rest of the league are getting up too. (Transfer Update)

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, joelswfc said:

Talk of Johnny Russell going to Bristol City from Derby as part of the Kodjia deal. That would be fantastic business for Bristol.

I'd be proper annoyed if Russell goes to Bristol.

Just another example of how completely unfair parachute payments are when the rest of us are complying with FFP. 

Basically newcastle are buying certain players to stop other clubs from strengthening . 

An absolute unfair advantage. Something has to change otherwise it will become like the super league in rugby where teams trying to get in the super league have virtually no chance. 

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Quality player, but his best days are behind him and I'm not sure he's cut out for the rough-and-tumble of the Championship. He's probably best to continue seeing out his career in New York.

:ph34r:

That post of mine referred to apparent Villa interest in Kodjia (according to a "Transfer Centre Live" tweet).

I've just seen that Bristol City have signed Jamie Paterson from Forest. I've always rated him - I watched him a bit when he was on fire for Forest a few season ago, and if he can regain that kind of form then he'll be a great signing for them. He's still only 24, so there's much more to come from him...

13 hours ago, Coyt said:

8.5 for Vydra?!? Jesus hes certainly not worth anywhere near that, he didn't exactly pull any trees up at Reading last season 

It might seem like a lot of money but that is the legacy of what is rapidly becoming "premier B" - the fees and wages have shifted up a level

I think Vydra will be smart business for Derby - he gives them something they don't have with his pace, running in behind and potential to score 20 goals/season in the right team

With the money some championship clubs have i'm surprised none of them have tested Hull's resolve to hang onto Curtis Davis

17 minutes ago, scram said:

It might seem like a lot of money but that is the legacy of what is rapidly becoming "premier B" - the fees and wages have shifted up a level

I think Vydra will be smart business for Derby - he gives them something they don't have with his pace, running in behind and potential to score 20 goals/season in the right team

With the money some championship clubs have i'm surprised none of them have tested Hull's resolve to hang onto Curtis Davis

Suppose your right Scram, just think it's a lot personally especially when you consider his spell at Reading last season. Suppose if he can recapture the form he had at Watford when they were in the Championship then indeed Derby have an excellent signing. 

Don't get me wrong - i think it's a lot too

But there seems to have been a definite upward shift in the fees being paid in the championship - it's why getting Abdi for £4m will genuinely look like chickenfeed in hindsight - in my opinion

Said it many times - best attacking CM in the division - so don't play him wide - that'd be my opinion

Maybe it's easier to play him wide because he has just made 30+ premier league appearances in that position

I think things will evolve and Abdi will become a pivotal player in central midfield - and we'll benefit from him being there

The Guardian reports that Middlesbrough winger Albert Adomah is weighing up an offer from Aston Villa after rejecting a new contract.

The Boro wide-man has one year left remaining on his contract at the Riverside, but he is understood to be frustrated by his lack of game-time - he's behind the likes of Cristhian Stuani and Stewart Downing in the pecking order.

The Guardian add he's likely to decide on his future over the weekend.

1 hour ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Just another example of how completely unfair parachute payments are when the rest of us are complying with FFP. 

Basically newcastle are buying certain players to stop other clubs from strengthening . 

An absolute unfair advantage. Something has to change otherwise it will become like the super league in rugby where teams trying to get in the super league have virtually no chance. 

I remember Cardiff doing a similar thing when they were relegated. Didn't quite work out for them tho 

6 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

The Guardian reports that Middlesbrough winger Albert Adomah is weighing up an offer from Aston Villa after rejecting a new contract.

The Boro wide-man has one year left remaining on his contract at the Riverside, but he is understood to be frustrated by his lack of game-time - he's behind the likes of Cristhian Stuani and Stewart Downing in the pecking order.

The Guardian add he's likely to decide on his future over the weekend.

He'd be very welcome at S6.