liam palmer

Think he's a bit wasted at full back.

Shame we already have ruck loads of central midfielders - defensive anyway - plus Lee who has more about him going forward.

He's going to find it difficult to make a place his own in the first team - potentially a partner to Melo/Semedo in the middle?

---------------------Westwood------------------------

---------------Lees---------------Loovens-----------

Vermijl-------------------------------------------NEW

------------------Palmer--------Melo-----------------

-----------Lavery--------Lee----------NEW--------

---------------------------NEW------------------------

Others in the mix.... Lachman, Sasso, Helan, Semedo, Hutchinson, Nuhiu, Bus

The above 'bench' players will come in and out as required, but personally think that anyone else i.e. the likes of Dielna & May are going to struggle to get any game time whatsoever.

Thiught overall he had a good season in one of the tightest wednesday back fours in decades.

Not the finished article by any means but it was his first full season as a regular in the first team, and a new position to him, can only get better.

Haha best defensive right back in the championship !!! Love it. He's ok and just ok defensively attack wise he's awful . At best a championship squad player . Doesn't cross the half way line and when he does his positioning is poor. Hope vermijl co,eh good cause if not we will need a new right back almost as much as we need a new left back

Season before last he was making forward runs lots, playing pass and move football with Lee and Maguire, he was making runs into the oppositions boxes and was getting a few shots off... Last season though he wasn't, makes me think Gray wanted him to sit back and defend more and not to support the wide men

This surely can't be a serious post? Constantly caught out of position. Doesn't close down wingers. Allows crosses constantly into the box. Backs off when a player is running at him and actually allows an attacker into the area before even considering making a challenge. Palmer got away with it so much last season and that was pretty much mainly down to Westwood making his erros not stand out. Attacking he offers pretty much nothing too. I know I'm being harsh but he just isn't good enough for where we are now, and definitely isn't good enough for where we want to go. I think some fans have blue and white specs in when it comes to him because he came through our youth system. Vermijl didn't look up to much but he has probably only played 10 games. Not enough to form an opinion.

This is regarding him playing at fullback. I've not seen him in midfield enough to have an opinion on how he would be there.

Absolute bs. Yes he makes mistakes but he's new the position. Buxton came to us much older than Palmer is now , and he came good. His long balls are good, he's quick and will learn positioning the more he plays with Loovens and Westwood. Stats doesn't lie we had a good defence last year and Palmer was a big part of it.

He's also a good lad and important in the dressing room.

palmer's not a bad player...

but he isn't setting the division on fire either...

i don't think his granny thinks he's the best right back in the championship though...

we're not sure what quality and quantity we're getting in...

if it's high on both counts, likely he may be moving out...

i'd expect championship, but maybe league 1...

if he get's the chance here, he (and others) may need to grasp it with both hands...

he has the opportunity to become the player some already think he is...

Edited by dnhc

Guest TommyTank

Palmer is a decent Championship RB, nothing more, nothing less, good squad player.

Vermijl is potentially a Premiership RB.