The worst traits of Wednesday fans

The only thing worse in a football fan than delusion is self depracation.

I'd rather hear some plucky talk about us having a crack at going up next season than hear someone bang on about how Wigan have won more trophies and how 'knowing our luck we'll probably go down again'

Ugh.

You've literally described the fans of 80% of clubs. I too don't like people calling us the massive, but I will defend us when people call us small, cos we're not. Not massive, not small. The only other teams I slag off are local rivals, glory hunter teams and teams everyone hates like Millwall. At the end of the day, it's just passion boiling over

The only thing worse in a football fan than delusion is self depracation.

I'd rather hear some plucky talk about us having a crack at going up next season than hear someone bang on about how Wigan have won more trophies and how 'knowing our luck we'll probably go down again'

Ugh.

Exactly. I despise the negativity because I think it all trickles down through the fans to the club.

It's why the gruntbags are so bad, the fans feel failure in their bones.

"Knowing our luck"

rounduns. No such thing as luck. Winners make their own luck.

I think its the nature of forums rather than the nature of Wednesday fans.

When jones was doing a crap job there wasn't the same atmosphere at games as there was on the forum.

Forums seem to be a place where people vent and moan and the minority seem the majority.

Deluded - some of the suggestions made about potential signings and managerial appointments suggest we think we are far bigger than we really are.  

Arrogant - this is linked to deluded.  We seem to think we are Barcelona or something.  People on social media saying that managers and players who would never even want to manage/play for us in a million years aren't good enough is embarrassing. We seem to think we are Man City or something.

Aggressive and rude - instead of saying 'I have reservations about this guy's managerial record', people on twitter say 'This guy isn't wanted at S6 - he can roger off!'.  If people like Big Sam/Lambert read twitter, the attitude of fans on twitter must horrify them.  It seems at times they are just attention seekers trying to be as controversial as possible.

Gullible - lots of people take as gospel any foundless rumour they read then kick off about it.

Insular and change resistant - the pitch forks come out for anyone other than a Sheffielder or an ex player.  The starting point with anyone we don't know is that they are poo .  The outcry about Gray leaving would make you think he was the messiah. Arsenal fans said Arsene who? Who'd heard of the Watford and Boro managers last year?

Drama queens - some proper drama queens - people kicking off at present like we are on the brink of admin in the fourth division. Lack of signings means we're only going to have 7 players at the start of the season.

Reading this site and social media, you'd honestly think that the majority of Wednesday fans have a screw loose!  Other fans must think we are a right set of numpties.

Well said. Truly well said. 

Guest Burntwood Owl

This site has really opened my eyes up to how much of a set of tuggers we are. Terrible fans, in fighting about who is the most bestest fan based on season ticket sales and so on. Deluded fuktardz the lot of us.

An example being the fact that darren potters bad corners against Huddersfield come up once a week still but I have literally never seen a post praising a good corner ever.

Ingrates.

That's just gallows Humour though. Which is a Sheffielders birthright.

Like asteeners story about Leon Clarke kicking the ball into his own face

lol

Started me laughing again....See..thats a decent trait in a fan..every f.ooker was in tucks cos it was both crap and comical at the same time....As for deluded...I think thats way offa the mark....I know some post outlandish hopes ..but thats football fans....

No-one seems to mention the loyalty of Owls fans..deluded or not, after 15 years of comic mismanagement, Leon Clarkes f.ookin' snooded faceball smashings...Jeffers ducking out of a header from 6yds that would have kept us up...irvines grey fear, Jones's miserable last few months...Dave allens promises...Chris Turners f.ookin' weather reports..still thousands trot down there...Delusions probably what keeps most doing it...If one day we all woke up and smelled the coffee on leppings lane..sainsbury's would be packed and Hillsborough denuded,..obviously aprt from yer realistic sort of fan who accepts most owt without whinge...."Oh hard luck Mr West...." as the ball sails over the f.ooking 5 arches...nowt wrong with delusion...its the harsh reality of being an Owls fan lately that kill yer

I would consider myself deluded if for instance I took Owlstalk opinion as as a barometer  for the opinion of most Wednesday fans...or f.ookin' twitter as a yardstick for what your average Owls fan thinks...thats bordering on considerin' yerself Napoleon.

half of its tongue in cheek or written to engender an argument...the other f.ookin' half don't bloody go to the games...

I would consider myself deluded if for instance I took Owlstalk opinion as as a barometer  for the opinion of most Wednesday fans...or f.ookin' twitter as a yardstick for what your average Owls fan thinks...thats bordering on considerin' yerself Napoleon.

half of its tongue in cheek or written to engender an argument...the other f.ookin' half don't bloody go to the games...

Half?