Steve McLaren

Guest conisbrough

Clement used to playing under regime we are trying to implement, reason many good foreign coaches fail is British manager job substantially different to model employed in many foreign clubs. Also why British managerial success is rare abroad.

Clement used to playing under regime we are trying to implement, reason many good foreign coaches fail is British manager job substantially different to model employed in many foreign clubs. Also why British managerial success is rare abroad.

Sorry didn't mean to neg you,quite agree with your post. He would be a ready made fit for us.

Stuart Gray is not going any where in the near future, so to all you who hate Gray, get used to it.

Any way all the usual suspects in English football are either past it or are not good enough, when we do replace Gray I expect it to be a European coach, not an English coach.

Can't work SC out -I think he's actually a decent coach and well respected in the footballing world, but he really comes across as being a bit odd - brolly, hair, dutch accent and that weird sitting in the stand on a giant 1980s car phone during the first half of the game thing.

does well, until it needs to count

BANG ON!

when talking about their end of season form, he as good as admitted he hadn't a f***in' clue...

few british (merrygoround) managers are worth the risk, a johnny foreigner may be the way to go if you want football...

personally i'd go a different way...

strong defence with fullbacks who can defend (they can go on the overlap when we're 3-0 up), strong midfield the likes of semedo and a couple of young werewolves in the middle (run all day, and tackle everything that's not got blue and white on), wingman who can beat two men in a phonebox, and cross a ball well, forwards who shoot on site, and follow it in (would help if they're greedy ba*tards)...

Can't work SC out -I think he's actually a decent coach and well respected in the footballing world, but he really comes across as being a bit odd - brolly, hair, dutch accent and that weird sitting in the stand on a giant 1980s car phone during the first half of the game thing.

he's a nob...

Exactamundo my friend.

Yet another 'highly regarded' man in British football who is actually pretty shyte.

How that Derby squad didn't even make the playoffs is unbelievable.

it's THAT 'highly regarded' within the british football establishment...

that actually speaks volumes for 'THE BRITISH FOOTBALL ESTABLISHMENT'...

i cannot actually believe that anyone see's this bloke as a WINNER...