Why did we sign Bus? The striker problem.

Just to clarify, as Owlstalk always likes to get things right:

Is the completely made up budget you have pulled out off your arse £2.4m less £400k (£2m net) or £2m less £400k (£1.6m Net).

We need to know.

Do you have anything insightful to contribute? 

We NEED to know.

I think you have to look outside of the strikers for our goal scoring problems as well.

You need at least one midfielder / winger pushing towards 10 goals, and a defender pushing for say 5 from centre half.

There's been no real contribution at all. Can't think of a goal from a defender, lee and Maguire have a few.

Think there's been a lot of pressure on our forwards to be honest.

I agree, but I think Maguire & McGugan are steady in terms of chances created and goals, our left side is pretty weak however.

There's always going to be pressure on strikers that don't score, but if you look at other sides that are in the top 10 they all have at least 1 striker in the double figures. No other top 10 team really has a solid source of goals from midfield either, unless you look at the likes of Sako,B Johnson, Ritchie ect, but they are some of the best midfielders in the league. 

Yeah Chansiri signed him, the man who knows nothing about football.

All of our January transfers will have been identified some time ago with a takeover in mind

It happens, look at some of the players Cardiff signed. We don't know anything about Chansiri, just saying it could have been possible!

Perhaps, but if you consider our transfer budget to be around £2million this summer, a reasonable estimate, and Bus was signed for 400k(plus add ons) thats almost 25% of that gone. Comparing it to other signings in the league, Wolves got Dicko for 300k last year, maybe that 400k would have been better spent elsewhere if not, not spent at all.

Or 20% even

When we signed Bus we had no idea where Lavery was going to be after his injury. We literally moved Lavery out to chesterfield the day Bus arrived, and he needed that time there... he needed something more competitive than the U21's but less demanding than our first team and it's lack of goals and chances.

So signing Bus, who was lauded and reportedly wanted by a quite a few clubs in Europe, didn't seem a bad gamble. And like Melo, I feel he was singed with more of an eye to next season... but just securing them now, allowing them time to settle into the rhythm a little and allowing them to hit the ground running from the first game of next season?

I can see Lavery spending more time out wide anyway in the future, and we'll just bring in more competition for Nuhui... well, someone better who is just a different type of player maybe!

I think it's a fair op

We don't need anymore potential. We need a proven goalscorer

One could argue you need both.

I understand the frustration though when we've spent years gambling on cheaper signings. However, no way in the world I'd be questioning the signing of Bus. (And I'm still undecided about Stevie May). There are too many puzzle pieces missing still.

For the money worth the risk. As for May i remember the excitement when we signed him. I felt the same in the summer as i did all those years ago when we signed chris woods and Sinton. All that hype and they were absolutely awful.

For the money worth the risk. As for May i remember the excitement when we signed him. I felt the same in the summer as i did all those years ago when we signed chris woods and Sinton. All that hype and they were absolutely awful.

Fair enough with May and Sinton, but Woods was far from awful.

When we signed Bus we had no idea where Lavery was going to be after his injury. We literally moved Lavery out to chesterfield the day Bus arrived, and he needed that time there... he needed something more competitive than the U21's but less demanding than our first team and it's lack of goals and chances

This.

We needed a replacement/competition for May, with Keane providing the same for Nuhiu.

Not seen anything from Bus to make me think he's going to score on a regular basis but let's see what next season brings.

I do like Keane and I think he'd be a good signing but one thing is for sure, we need a talisman striker as at the moment, it doesn't really matter who we play up front. We don't have that one forward who commands being started week in week out.

Why do people expect foreign signings to come to England and settle straight away? maybe the lad speaks little English and needs time to get used to his new surroundings and the Sheffield area.

At least this way (by signing in January and under no worry of relegation) we have several months for the player to settle and hit the ground running at the start of next season without any pressure of having to score goals and becoming the scapegoat of the week.

It's too early to say for definite, but Bus doesn't look the answer to our goalscoring problems, anymore than May does. Now we have a few bob, he was probably worth a punt at that price. The same cannot be said about Stevie May, given what we paid for him, when that money was all we had.