Chris O'Grady

lol

To be fair Fedor, your obsession with O'Grady is boring.

I'll stick to appreciating decent players while you keep clapping the likes of Nuhiu

Agent O'Grady knows what he must do...

lol

Baffled he went to Brighton, he is borderline lg1/champ striker imo. Puts in a good shift but like we found out numberous times, doesn't score enough.

Dread to think how many he would score here atm actually, seeing as we don't even create chances...

Eh? He did even better for Barnsley. 16 goals, assists, man of the match performances coming out of his ears and their player of the season. All at Championship level.

He was very good for us. We had to sell him though, his 15 goal season triggered a pay increase. He was already on £8,000 per week (according to our CEO). Selling him for around £1m and getting that wage off the bill allowed us to recruit the likes of Winnall and Hourihane. I wouldn't have COG here on 10 grand a week over either of those two. Time moves on. 

No beef from me about him departing, and I wished him luck at Brighton. But he's now at that club, which I despise and so I wish him all the bad luck in the world in front of goal and look forward to the Blunts crucifying him. 

Here's a video I made earlier, chronicling COG's 21 goals in 56 games for Barnsley. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3FtsAZNlDk&index=12&list=UU-jtNqaW8s16OXY66gHcOmg

He was very good for us. We had to sell him though, his 15 goal season triggered a pay increase. He was already on £8,000 per week (according to our CEO). Selling him for around £1m and getting that wage off the bill allowed us to recruit the likes of Winnall and Hourihane. I wouldn't have COG here on 10 grand a week over either of those two. Time moves on. 

No beef from me about him departing, and I wished him luck at Brighton. But he's now at that club, which I despise and so I wish him all the bad luck in the world in front of goal and look forward to the Blunts crucifying him. 

Here's a video I made earlier, chronicling COG's 21 goals in 56 games for Barnsley. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3FtsAZNlDk&index=12&list=UU-jtNqaW8s16OXY66gHcOmg

welcome back Whitey, lol

hows it going down in league 1?

Some comments from Brighton fans.  Obviously more clued up than some people on here......

the way he runs annoys me. When he's warming up running down the touch-line he looks like he's just got off a packed Excelsior coach on the way to the Norfolk Broads and trying to leg it to the loo at the nearest service station without pooing himself and all whilst balancing a hardback book on his head. Strange.

Sorry I thought he was awful today, Had the first touch of a donkey with a lead boot and never really seemed aware of where the ball was. Yes he's got some bulk and puts himself about but you need more than that at this level.

Willing & strong but turns like an oil tanker. Makes CMS look like Jimmy Greaves

He was useless, in a long line of useless strikers we have had over the past few seasons.  Last decent striker we had and he was on loan was Neil Mellor, pity he had to retire.

Wickham but again he was on loan….  Madine had a purple patch, I really don't see him being a success in the Championship, love him to prove me wrong tho.

I really can't remember the last decent striker we had on our books.  

Nuihu …. well the least said the better

May…. Has done nothing to convince me that he will blossom in to a 15 plus goals a season guy.  Maybe the better service and played out of position theory, has some validity behind it.   Remains to be seen.

Lavery… Some potential, but really needs to step up.

Madine…. See above

Maguire …. Looks a poor imitation of himself after doing well last season

All in all no other Championship side would look at our strike force without laughing…. Sad state of affairs

Easy to forget about Mellor isnt it. I was a big fan of him during the crappy Irvine era, he was the one bright spark.

Would have been really good for us under Megson if he hadn't broken down again, big shame as he looked Championship quality also. Fairly big lad but good finisher and in the air.

welcome back Whitey, lol

hows it going down in league 1?

Fair to middling.  :danny-wilson:

We beat the Blunts at the Lane though, we're taking cracking away followings to all these tinpot places we've not seen for years, we've a team full of lads who look like they give a shít, lads who have scored 8 in 9 (Winnall), lads who've scored 10 and assisted 10 (Hourihane) and our three poorest players thus far have been the three we expected to tear it up - Jennings, Treacy and Lita. 

We completely rebuilt the squad, and whilst I'd like us to have got another 4 or 5 points by this stage, we're not in too shabby a position and I would be satisfied with a top ten finish. I love this squad Danny's built. But we're not ready for the Championship. However, if we do return instantly, I wouldn't complain. 

I still browse Owlstalk. I think you're making progress. McGugan's a quality creator/scorer at this level, and if Lavery can get into the kind of form he showed last season and/or May starts putting the ball int net, I'd fancy you for a top half finish. Which would be progress. That back five is solid. Great foundation that. So aye, fix the other end and the world's thi lobster. Or summat.  gary megson

Edited by WhiteySWFC

Would take COG over GTF every day of the year.

Me too if it was down to only those two as a choice but in all honesty I am happy that we don't have either of them anymore.

Fair to middling.  :danny-wilson:

We beat the Blunts at the Lane though, we're taking cracking away followings to all these tinpot places we've not seen for years, we've a team full of lads who look like they give a shít, lads who have scored 8 in 9 (Winnall), lads who've scored 10 and assisted 10 (Hourihane) and our three poorest players thus far have been the three we expected to tear it up - Jennings, Treacy and Lita. 

We completely rebuilt the squad, and whilst I'd like us to have got another 4 or 5 points by this stage, we're not in too shabby a position and I would be satisfied with a top ten finish. I love this squad Danny's built. But we're not ready for the Championship. However, if we do return instantly, I wouldn't complain. 

I still browse Owlstalk. I think you're making progress. McGugan's a quality creator/scorer at this level, and if Lavery can get into the kind of form he showed last season and/or May starts putting the ball int net, I'd fancy you for a top half finish. Which would be progress. That back five is solid. Great foundation that. So aye, fix the other end and the world's thi lobster. Or summat.  gary megson

Yeah thought Lita and Treacy were pretty decent signings if I'm honest.  Thought they still had something to offer at championship level.  Lita should be knocking them in though down in league 1.  

Yeah some say we are progressing others say we are heading towards relegation. foook knows, lol.  We sure do need a win tomorrow though, and get our season back on track. Scoring a few goals would be nice as well.