Corry

Guest Gazzaswfc

Going by our own. players most skilful in our squad. Creative influence we are so sorely lacking in our team. Never did anything wrong to deserve such a banishmant from the first team picture. Top player never given a fair chance.

I'm sorry...but you don't half spout some rubbish.

"Top player"

"Banishment"

A load of unsubstantiated, mellow dramatic drivel.

Corry and McCabes lack of opportunities comes down to one thing: they're both not good enough.

Fact that one of them got 15 for passing on Football Manager 2012 means the sweet sum of flip all.

Edited by SiJ

I'm sorry...but you don't half spout some rubbish.

"Top player"

"Banishment"

A load of unsubstantiated, mellow dramatic drivel.

Corry and McCabes lack of opportunities comes down to one thing: they're both not good enough.

Fact that one of them got 15 for passing on Football Manager 2012 means the sweet sum of flip all.

Some of what I wrote perhaps is bit "over the top", but it can be the case while trying to put the point across writing on a forum.

I don't think I missed the point, though. Both got frozen (banished/left out/or however you wont) out of the first team picture without doing anything wrong. There are players who put in performances that are worst then any that I've ever seen of these two, yet continue to get picked. We might not agree about it, but both Corry and McCabe are good players who can offer that bit of creative influence that we dont have in our team right now.

Btw. FM reference was stupid, and has nothing to do with anything :dry:

Going by our own. players most skilful in our squad. Creative influence we are so sorely lacking in our team. Never did anything wrong to deserve such a banishmant from the first team picture. Top player never given a fair chance.

Top player, c'mon. If he was half good he'd be in gray's plans

Guest Sheff Owl

So let me get this right, if Corry and McCabe are ticking all the boxes, training brilliantly and generally pushing other players Gray would purposely leave them out?

been thinking with Corry and McCabe. Maybe they had every last bit of confidence drained out of them by Jones? Maguire probably had as well but has managed to bounce back. Just a thought

Edited by darra

Him and Barkley owned the Leeds midfield of brown and tonge in that draw a couple of seasons ago, Corry looked a player and a half that night but god knows what has happened since.

I would chuck him a shirt in our first fa cup game and see how he does

Him and Barkley owned the Leeds midfield of brown and tonge in that draw a couple of seasons ago, Corry looked a player and a half that night but god knows what has happened since.

I would chuck him a shirt in our first fa cup game and see how he does

I was just thinking of that game. He looked very good alongside Barkley.

It's quite odd what has happened to him.

I said I will never apologize for anything I share on this board, as I expect it exist for sharing opinion between Wednesday fans, and no matter how different every opinion is welcome on here as long as it is fair to other posters and genuine.

I will however apologize for sometimes failing to put my point across, and picking "wrong" words to describe how I feel (I ask for a bit of patience for me here, because as many know English is not my first language), and it seems like I'm trying to change what I originally wrote, while only trying to put together what I wrote bit better.

But lets get back on original topic:

- Corry was wanted by Burnley while they were in The Premiership last time, was picked by our scouts as a player with a potential, despite playing in Irish league at 20 not been that young any more.

- He impressed in two games that were live on Sky early in his career with us (while Jones tried to play passing football). Don't forget that he started in games against Ipswich and Peterborough where we won two in the row, and started our revival, but then got injured and hardly got a look in.

- Last game he started for us was 1:4 defeat to Watford, and he looked really bad in that game, but none of our players impressed there, and it wouldn't be fair to said how that game was a reason why he didn't get picked to start ever again.

- He got on loan to Tranmere who were on big slide at the time, and didn't really impress there (though I never really felt he will knowing the way Ronny Moore's teams play), yet when he returned he got big praise from Moore claiming how creative and skilful he is, but how he was (back then) lacking toughness to play in League One relegation scrap.

- In my opinion he did well in pre-season games I've seen (Hull season before last, and Barnsley last season), though they are not something to judge player by, but when given chance to mix up with the first team he didn't look out of place. Especially Hull played us with the strong side, and they never created a chance against us (with Corry playing vital role as a part of 4 man midfield).

- I was thought to believe that possession wins games, and Gray stated that he wants to play passing football. We are largely set to play that way, but I don't think we can as long as our key midfielder, who gets to see most of the ball is lacking both vision to dictate our play, and passing skill to play anyone through. I believe Corry has both skill and intelligence to drop deep, get on the ball, and start our attack with purpose.

Closing words:

I really rate Paul Corry, and think he could be important player for us given to play role I just described. Also I don't think it is fair by both Jones and Gray that everyone seem to get chance in our team, but him and McCabe. There are players who had more week games then either of these two, and who got more chances to come back in the team and impress (especially considering how bad our central midfield have been playing lately). Still I believe Gray has good reason for not playing both Corry and McCabe, he don't trust them, and to me it is fair enough, it is his job, and Gray is doing his best to keep it. But I don't think it is fair to call these two cr*p, assume they are unprofessional, or not give their all on training ground. We were never told so by anyone at the club, and there is no reason to believe it.

Thanks for taking time to read this :happy: