Few point about today.

Well no because he was having no affect on the game. Had he been standing right on the boots of the back four then you can argue it but he's so far away he's out the equation.

Was he stood that far away though? he is the one who people will see that looked clearly off, okay so the ref deemed he wasn't interfering, but the other player is off as well, okay it was a tight call but he's still off.

The offside rules in this department are a joke imo with players interfering and not interfering, it changes every week with different refs slants though, so it will always come up in arguments.

Edited by TaxiMark

Guest JohnFantham

I agree with Liam, ive watched it 4 times in slow mo and the black player isn't interfering with play according to the rules, though Vera is the length of his boot offside which is difficult to spot.

Was he stood that far away though? he is the one who people will see that looked clearly off, okay so the ref deemed he wasn't interfering, but the other player is off okay it was a tight call but he's still off.

The offside rules in this department are a joke imo with players interfering and not interfering, it changes every week with different refs slants though, so it will always come up in arguments.

Its a rule that could be worded better I agree.

I think expecting any official to call that decision is very, very harsh in my opinion. We've got a three page thread discussing it and we've got so many different views, angles and opinions and we're still none the wiser.

I thought there was other instances during the game where they made some very questionable decisions but for the Vydra incident I'm going to give them the benefit of doubt because of how quick and close the initial movement was.

Its a rule that could be worded better I agree.

I think expecting any official to call that decision is very, very harsh in my opinion. We've got a three page thread discussing it and we've got so many different views, angles and opinions and we're still none the wiser.

I thought there was other instances during the game where they made some very questionable decisions but for the Vydra incident I'm going to give them the benefit of doubt because of how quick and close the initial movement was.

Fair comment.

But he's still offside lol

We looked like relegation fodder today.

Watford are a quality side but it was far, far too easy for them.

Defensively sloppy, lacking any real quality and aimless hoofing up front.

Must do a lot better.

Yep. I knew the moment Hutchinson went off it was going to be a long afternoon. If we don't pick up a result against Brentford it could be the start of a long slide. We've got better performances in us but we lack cohesion, mainly due to the fact that anything remotely effective has to be played through the middle as our wingers aren't up to scratch. Opposing teams can just stuff the middle and take advantage of Lee and Semedo's reluctance to bomb forward. 

Yep. I knew the moment Hutchinson went off it was going to be a long afternoon. If we don't pick up a result against Brentford it could be the start of a long slide. We've got better performances in us but we lack cohesion, mainly due to the fact that anything remotely effective has to be played through the middle as our wingers aren't up to scratch. Opposing teams can just stuff the middle and take advantage of Lee and Semedo's reluctance to bomb forward. 

Agree with this.

Very predictable we are.

By the way, the Brentford game will be a very tough game imo, be lucky to get a point there. 

Not angry about the goal.

I have been very angry about a few of our disallowed goals this season but not today.

They won fair and square. We were poor and very ineffective going forward.

Quite worried about our season based on that performance.

Agree with this.

Very predictable we are.

By the way, the Brentford game will be a very tough game imo, be lucky to get a point there. 

Sadly I agree re. the Brentford game, it's going to be difficult. I really think we'll need the three points as I reckon we'll get absolutely mullered by Norwich and I can see Charlton beating us as well. The City game hasn't half thrown us off balance.

As I've said, I initially thought it was two players, the one who is yards off is deemed not to be interfering with play, but in my book he is and should be off, no blinkers on here.

The other one is still off as well, so it's off.

Read the thread fully.

Unfortunately for you, your book is not FIFAs book and that is the one that matters.

Offside.png

There you go reading, off.

The guy running through is borderline, we see them given, or not given each week. It's bloody pot luck.

What I can't understand is how the other player isn't given offside. He's in the vicinity of the play, the ball goes just over him, yet he's deemed to not be interfering with play and inevitably goes on to score.

If he's stood five or ten yards to the left or the right I could agree that's he's not involved in that phase, but he's so close to the ball, their players, our defenders, for me that's being involved in the play, he scored about three chuffing seconds later.

It's a f*****g ludicrous rule.

But it will be lol

But asking the question is arbitrary.

And, only if you are losing an argument.

There are loads of 'offside' arguments and threads on here - and, he hasn't asked anyone else 'if they went to the game'.

Not flipping one. I've read them all.

What do you say to that Seth?

lol

He didn't ask anyone else - he knows I travel, when I do attend.

He made himself look like a mug and got mardy. Hence the desperate question - totally irrelevant.

It's been noted.

But asking the question is arbitrary.

And, only if you are losing an argument.

There are loads of 'offside' arguments and threads on here - and, he hasn't asked anyone else 'if they went to the game'.

Not flipping one. I've read them all.

What do you say to that Seth?

lol

Just seen this Reading, seemed I upset you by saying that didn't i?

I'm sure you'll get over it.

It's been noted lol

Unfortunately for you, your book is not FIFAs book and that is the one that matters.

And how many times does this controversial issue seem to crop up? yes it's in the rules, the rules need changing simple.

Edited by TaxiMark

And how many times does this controversial issue seem to crop up? yes it's in the rules, the rules need changing simple.

Rules need making simple mate...

There was a time when we all used to laugh about the wife not knowing the offside rule...now we can't cos they say 

"What is it then"?

............and we go ..."Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"