Why do we have so few black and mixed race supporters?

Politics and football don't mix with me. Either your Wednesday or your not, nobody should need there arm twisting, were a drug and additctive if you don't want us then don't come....last post on here from me now

Don't think anyone is actually on about forcing them to come and watch Wednesday. Fairly sure that would be classed as torture.

I think the PC brigade come across as as much racist as the rasists they slate

You really couldn't make this up.

This site as double standards to suit certain posters.

we had a black lad back in the 60s who was bit tasty in a ruck ,hubert i think he was called ........as for why we dont get many nowadays i have no idea could be that we draw a lot of support from the old south yorkshire coal towns which contain very few black people .most of us are second /third genaration family supporters something the present day black & asian lot dont have .

All true, but as a business we need to move with the times. We potentially have a great advantage, we have the tradition and strong family ties, which a lot of the newer clubs don't have. Sheffield sees itself now as a modern go ahead type of City with two university's and a diverse population, most of whom we hardly tap into.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Probably because of the flipping moron who made monkey noises and gestures towards Jermaine Johnson.

Funnily enough, I reported him after people advising me to do that on here and SWFC did absolutely nothing.

The guy was a full-weight bellend who talked poo for the entire 90 minutes, and even tried to start a fight with me when I told him that he couldn't bring all his grandkids into seats that he hadn't purchased. Mainly because me and my mate were sat there.

Occasionally he'd bring along his son who was easily into his fourties who wore a full kit and claimed to know more about tactics than the manager at the time.

Fair to say, the monkey business created a far deeper dislike of the guy in me.

Anyone getting into football, who has no family allegiances, is likely to have been exposed to football by watching Arsenal, ManU, Chelsea on TV.   So why would they pay 27quid to watch us when the teams that are fueling there new interest are on the tele for nowt?

Go to the Old Monk when there's an Arsenal game on - there is a HIGH proportion of black blokes watching

Not bothered to read most of this thread; most people talking tripe like usual.

We draw our support primarily from Sheffield and surrounding areas in South Yorkshire; particularly Barnsley, Rotherham and Doncaster.

The % of Black or Mixed living in South Yorkshire is about 2.4% (Asian about 2.8%). It would be statistically odd if there was more than 2.4% of SWFC fans that were black.

On top of this, Black minority groups are over represented in deprived areas; both whites and blacks from the poorest areas simply can't afford football.

You also have the family/cultural connection with the game. Minority groups are likely to be first or second generation; their ties with local football clubs are nowhere near as pronounced as the indigenous white working class community.

For the record, I've grown up at Upperthorpe; plenty of the black lads round here support Wednesday. Same at Firth Park and Winn Gardens. 

Blades support is similar for the record - complete fallacy that they are a 'multi-cultural club'.  There was a recent report detailing their season ticket holders demographics, can send anyone if they're interested. Vast majority of their season ticket holders also came from affluent areas in Sheffield as well; highlights how much the game has changed class wise.

The overriding point is though, the South Yorkshire is a white region; so obviously the vast, vast majority of fans supporting our local clubs will be white. Think people are looking for an issue that isn't really there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Yorkshire

Why don't we attract more dwarves?

You'd think that now we've got rid of terracing, and standing, apart from on the North Stand, we'd see a few more.

Or possibly they stopped watching us when Sean McAllister left?

Hi

JUST TO GET THAT JOKE IN BEFORE ANY OF THOSE OTHER CNUTS

Not bothered to read most of this thread; most people talking tripe like usual.

We draw our support primarily from Sheffield and surrounding areas in South Yorkshire; particularly Barnsley, Rotherham and Doncaster.

The % of Black or Mixed living in South Yorkshire is about 2.4% (Asian about 2.8%). It would be statistically odd if there was more than 2.4% of SWFC fans that were black.

On top of this, Black minority groups are over represented in deprived areas; both whites and blacks from the poorest areas simply can't afford football.

You also have the family/cultural connection with the game. Minority groups are likely to be first or second generation; their ties with local football clubs are nowhere near as pronounced as the indigenous white working class community.

For the record, I've grown up at Upperthorpe; plenty of the black lads round here support Wednesday. Same at Firth Park and Winn Gardens. 

Blades support is similar for the record - complete fallacy that they are a 'multi-cultural club'.  There was a recent report detailing their season ticket holders demographics, can send anyone if they're interested. Vast majority of their season ticket holders also came from affluent areas in Sheffield as well; highlights how much the game has changed class wise.

The overriding point is though, the South Yorkshire is a white region; so obviously the vast, vast majority of fans supporting our local clubs will be white. Think people are looking for an issue that isn't really there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Yorkshire

All true, but if we had anywhere near 2-4% watching us! I wouldn't have started the thread. In reality, it is probably far less than 1%, which I find slightly disturbing

All true, but if we had anywhere near 2-4% watching us! I wouldn't have started the thread. In reality, it is probably far less than 1%, which I find slightly disturbing

I've explained the reasons why we don't. Money and cultural/family ties. There isn't  a racist conspiracy at SWFC pal.

I wouldn't use words like disturbing either; very politically loaded. It's not 'disturbing' that our fan base is primarily white working class; it's 'disturbing' that you've got such an issue with it. 

I've explained the reasons why we don't. Money and cultural/family ties. There isn't a racist conspiracy at SWFC pal.

I wouldn't use words like disturbing either; very politically loaded. It's not 'disturbing' that our fan base is primarily white working class; it's 'disturbing' that you've got such an issue with it.

It's a loaded thread meant to stoke up more trouble than it as. Why is it stuck in matchday aswell......for the same reason.