Loyalty Scheme

I suggested this to KW and AC when I met with them last year but seeing as it seems to have gone nowhere I thought i'd bring it up on here.

It's simple really...in this day and age it would not be too difficult for everyone to know exactly where they are in the queue for tickets etc and would work something like this.

Season ticket purchase = 250 points

Each away ticket purchased = 10 points (you could change this slightly to make Plymouth worth more than Barnsley.....so much per mile sort of thing)

I would make the season ticket points a cumalitive points issue as well....so if you've had one for 10 years then you are on 2,500 points plus all the away points you get that season....all away points count only for this and the following season and are then scrapped (I understand the issue of rewarding away fans but at the end of the day it's home fans that pay the bills)

At the start of each season everyone should be told what position they are in the queue....so lets say you've had a ST for 30 years, it's a fair bet that you'd be in the top few hundred.

When we get a ticket allocation of lets say 3,000 for the pigs then the tickets allocation is anyone in position 1-3000 is guarenteed a ticket

If there is 1000 left then we say anyone in 3,001 to 4,000 can have one and so on.

Not only does this let everyone know where they stand, it also has a commercial benefit....imagine having built up 2,500 points from having a season ticket......would you think "I might not have one this year" if you knew that would go to zero

You could also do similar with prices.....a 1% discount on your ST for each 250 points......10 years a season ticket holder and you're giving away a 10% discount if you don't renew

Let me know when it will start please Nick

Thanks

I think it's a fairly good idea. Perhaps you get extra points for consecutive years that you;ve held a season ticket?

Don't the pigs have this kind of scheme?

or we could introduce the Owls Away Card :ph34r:

Edit: Just read your post properly and you've covered my first point!

Edited by Jowl

I would just go for different Tiers Gold, Silver, Bronze, Blue with each one having different benefits.

Away points depending on distance traveled from Sheffield.

Also have points that are redeemable for Tickets and Goods from the shop.

As I have said before simple to put in place and the computer software is readily available.

Continuing it over your life is a bit harsh - what about those who haven't been born 30 years, let alone a season ticket holder for 30 years? :biggrin: You'll then get generations of kids who want to go to some big away games, but never get tickets because all the oldies have got them - the average age of our away support will be past the OAP age!

IMO, it should start a fresh every season.

I would just go for different Tiers Gold, Silver, Bronze, Blue with each one having different benefits.

Away points depending on distance traveled from Sheffield.

Also have points that are redeemable for Tickets and Goods from the shop.

As I have said before simple to put in place and the computer software is readily available.

Make blue and white striped the highest achievable tier.

Continuing it over your life is a bit harsh - what about those who haven't been born 30 years, let alone a season ticket holder for 30 years? :biggrin: You'll then get generations of kids who want to go to some big away games, but never get tickets because all the oldies have got them - the average age of our away support will be past the OAP age!

Just because you qualify doesnt mean you'd buy. No more oap's would travel under this system than the curent one i dont think.

:biggrin: Good point. They'd be singing the theme tune to Dad's Army at away matches.

I think over a period of 5 years would be about right. Maybe a rolling tally?

Other than that I think it's a good idea.

Just because you qualify doesnt mean you'd buy. No more oap's would travel under this system than the curent one i dont think.

But the 100's of people who have had a season ticket for longer than I've been born (28 years) will have priority over me because they've been breathing a lot longer than me - thats a bit unfair in my opinion :biggrin:

Plus what about parents that take their kids - they won't be able to because the young 'un has only been a season ticket holder for 10 years as where they have for 35 years!

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you

To be fair anyone who has watched the Owls for 30 yrs deserves a lifetime card with max benefits.

But the 100's of people who have had a season ticket for longer than I've been born (28 years) will have priority over me because they've been breathing a lot longer than me - thats a bit unfair in my opinion :biggrin:

So, complain to your parents!