Loyalty Scheme

But the 100's of people who have had a season ticket for longer than I've been born (28 years) will have priority over me because they've been breathing a lot longer than me - thats a bit unfair in my opinion :biggrin:

Plus what about parents that take their kids - they won't be able to because the young 'un has only been a season ticket holder for 10 years as where they have for 35 years!

Are you the clubs youngest season ticket holder? See where i'm going here? Basically, however you do it some will feel they're being shafted somehow. Nature of the beast when so many people are involved.

So, complain to your parents!

But that is totally out of our control :biggrin:

The scheme has to be realistic!

My dad's only been to half a dozen games since 1992 and because he was a season ticket holder for 30+ years prior to that and only missed 2 or 3 (can't remember which) away games in that time, he will have MILLIONS more loyality points than me! :laugh:

To expand on a point I made earlier (i, like others, have to travel a long way to watch a game), a simple system soon starts to become very complex when dealing with multiple factors, such as age, home games watched, away games watched, travel distance. You can't reasonably create a scheme that takes all this into account.

Because of this, any simplified "Loyalty" scheme that were to be implemented would make some fans feel like they were being punished for their lack of "loyalty" when in fact there were perfectly valid reasons for them not attending. The result is disgruntled fans.

But that is totally out of our control :biggrin:

The scheme has to be realistic!

My dad's only been to half a dozen games since 1992 and because he was a season ticket holder for 30+ years prior to that and only missed 2 or 3 (can't remember which) away games in that time, he will have MILLIONS more loyality points than me! :laugh:

He wont have any because the day he stopped having a season ticket his points go back to zilch

He wont have any because the day he stopped having a season ticket his points go back to zilch

Do I get points for travelling over from Belgium(Holland, Germany, Norway, Denmark and Spain in the past)?

Do I get points for having a season ticket for 18 years previously?

It's all daft imo......... just another way of defining what a True Fan™ is.

Do I get points for travelling over from Belgium(Holland, Germany, Norway, Denmark and Spain in the past)?

Do I get points for having a season ticket for 18 years previously?

It's all daft imo......... just another way of defining what a True Fan™ is.

When I spoke to AC he was hopeful that we had ST records going back a long way and if I had my way then yes, these years would count.....if not the starting from scratch is better than nothing at all.

And whilst there will always be those who say a scheme is unfair, anything that improves what currently happens has got to be better than who can get up the earliest

As for those who say it's not fair on kids who haven't had chance to have a season ticket for years....tough.....you can't drive or drink or vote or draw a pension either....that's life....there's loads of other advantages of being young, take this one on the chin!

When I spoke to AC he was hopeful that we had ST records going back a long way and if I had my way then yes, these years would count.....if not the starting from scratch is better than nothing at all.

And whilst there will always be those who say a scheme is unfair, anything that improves what currently happens has got to be better than who can get up the earliest

As for those who say it's not fair on kids who haven't had chance to have a season ticket for years....tough.....you can't drive or drink or vote or draw a pension either....that's life....there's loads of other advantages of being young, take this one on the chin!

Great logic... "it's not fair at the moment for me! I don't give a **** if it isn't fair for anyone else though."

:dry:

Guest spiller_1985

england do a scheme where you get one cap for home games and two caps for away games and this is based on a two year membership

Yeah they do. Works very well too and its pretty straight forward. Was arguing with a mate who said theres no point because we'd never be over-subscribed for a game. If your going to crave success and be ambitious as the new board then you need a fair ticketing policy when all the Johnny come latelys fly out of the woodwork again to keep the real fans happy.

Something simple like a caps scheme could work well to get the ball rolling instead of giving people points here there and everywhere, leading to people on 90128407985289032789243732490324879234 points being able to buy tickets on monday the 14th of 2015 or something.

Keep it simple and it works. 1 cap for a home game, 2 caps for an away game no matter where it is. Caps could last 3 years before becoming invalid so you end up with the effective top capper system with those going regular staying at the top. It works well for 25,000 Englandfan memebers.

The only glitch that would come about is the so called "cap cheat." People who buy the ticket in their name then flog it but still getting the points. The FA stop this by making people either sign in over at an away game or sending proof of travel upon return. However, this wouldn't be able to happen for a league club.

The problem with this is that the following to Scummall Lane would be made up of people like myself who have had a season ticket for donkeys years.

Which means that we'd all probably be in our forties, wouldn't be able to run when their chavs appear and would all get a good shoeing. :biggrin:

Other than that it's a great idea, the ST holders have to be rewarded before any other group of fans.

Guest spiller_1985

as a season ticket holder would i get more points for travelling 2 hours to every home game than a season ticket holder that travels 20 mins?

Do people get more points for watching a game at Wembley if they are from Newcastle? No... Its your choice.

Season Ticket Holder = 100 points

Member = 50 points

Mastercard holder = 40 points

Each away game attended under 100 miles from SWFC = 10 points

each away game attended between 101 & 199 from SWFC = 20 points

each away game attended over 200 miles from SWFC = 30 points

bonus points are awarded for attending midweek away games - maybe double points.

At the start of each season everybodies points are reset to zero

simple http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif