Irish Owls

Guest Skold

We didn't venture up them mate but they were right outside the hotel. We stayed at the Burrendale. Must admit, they were quite breathtaking with all the clouds settled around the top of them.

Ollies! I'm going to have to tell him to get the booze reduced, that's two of you that have said it's expensive!! :biggrin:

One time when i'm over we will have to get an owlstalk Belfast wee wee up on the go!

Im up for that.

lol

Hi,

Not sure how far you had planned to travel but if you fancied it then you could easily head down

to Sligo firstly. Great little place to spend a night with fantastic scenery and beaches (Strandhill)

nearby. Carrick on Shannon is also a cracking little place with super pubs, restaurants and a great

atmosphere during the summer.

From Sligo / Carrick head across the North of Mayo to Ballina, Crossmolina and then west from there.

Stunning scenery, remote beyond belief. Westport is another super place in summer. You could head down

from there to Connemara and end up in Galway which is also well recommended.

In all it would be a leisurly 4/5 day trip and would certainly be memorable.

Enjoy the trip in any case.

Hi mate,

Cheers for that. I've no idea where we are going yet but i'll defo have a look into some of those places.

Sounds cool.

I was over there a few weeks ago did the NWest coast tour beautiful coast line and little pubs

Can recommend the ham and eggs and black stuff at the rope bridge inn - stayed at Cushendun - how about this for a view from the place I stayed?

sorry can't seem to get pic to display -oh well take it from me it's beautiful

Edited by steelowl

We'll be up on the North Coast [Portrush] again in August, and possibly a few days down in Belfast [Knock]. Tom, this place is worth a visit :- http://www.doaghfaminevillage.com/ if you're in Donegal we've been a few times, the tour guide bloke is a laugh [especially if he finds out you're English, it was after all all our fault]. Malin Head is like the end of the world, the same feeling you get at Land's End, I like it but the family dont. The Carrcik -A -Rede rope bridge is good but check the weather, any sign of a breeze and it will be closed. Bushmills Distillery is well worth a visit even if you're driving. The Giants Causeway is a world heritage site so again worth a visit just to say you've been [ a bit like the Pyramids at Giza but without beeing hassled] . If you've got time have a wander around "The Sperrins" they're like Derbyshire but without any people. The little ferry from Greencastle to Magilligan is very good value to get you from County Donegal to County Londonderry. A place I 've been loads of times is Dunluce Castle, not the most spectacular castle in the world but in a great spot. As mentioned Sligo is good [some waterfalls but can't remember the name and great beaches ] I love Westport in Mayo, had some great times there, Galway is a nice city, Killarney down in Kerry is well worth the effort to get there [lots of Americans but the ones we met were quiet and polite]. Dublin was a great place to visit before we had kids [ the wife has relatives there] had some great nights out.

There's a lot more Wednesday fans in Ireland than I thought. I live in Tralee & growing up, there was 1 or 2. Seemed to have disappeared from some reason! I remember going to see us play Shelbourne in '97 & there was a great following that night. Looking forward to going to see us next weekend. Hopefully, today is just a blip! Any Irish owls heading over for the game next weekend?

What pubs will you be going to for tomorrow nights match.

Though if possible some people might meet up have a few

and talk Wednesday.

Im going to McGlones in Dunmurry.

UTO.

sorry mate have made plans to head up to the parents house for this one. However we can arrange something for another televised game this season?

btw was talking to another Owls fan when in Laverys watching NI v Montenegro a few months back. What were the chances that out of a small number of people watching a NI friendly that two people at the same table were also Owls!

lol

sorry mate have made plans to head up to the parents house for this one. However we can arrange something for another televised game this season?

btw was talking to another Owls fan when in Laverys watching NI v Montenegro a few months back. What were the chances that out of a small number of people watching a NI friendly that two people at the same table were also Owls!

lol

May have been my brother Gary he lives somewhere around Queens.

Not sure mate.

Where you from yourself?

I'm from and still live in South Yorkshire but my wife is from Portrush she has a step-brother who lives in Limavady.

PS She also has a brother who lives in Belfast. Can't remember what the area's called but he's just off the Upper Newtonards Road about 5 mins walk from Stormont.

Edited by lt109

I'm from and still live in South Yorkshire but my wife is from Portrush she has a step-brother who lives in Limavady.

PS She also has a brother who lives in Belfast. Can't remember what the area's called but he's just off the Upper Newtonards Road about 5 mins walk from Stormont.

Maybe Ballyhackamore or something like that.

Are the step brother or her brother Owls?

Maybe Ballyhackamore or something like that.

Are the step brother or her brother Owls?

No both rugby fans, if pressed her Belfast brother would say his prefered team is Man U [George Best connection]. I did drag her step dad and another brother to Hillsborough quite a few times in the early 90s when they were over visiting but unfortunately niether became Owls. I have also taken various nephews along to Hillsborough over the years, they enjoy the afternoon out but thats as far as it goes.

Just looked on google maps, they are further out than Ballyhackamore though both kids went to Strandtown Primary School, they are more Ballycloghan near the junction of Knock Road and Upper Newtonards Road.

Fermanagh is where it's happening.

M Royds what path took you from "Shiregreen, born and bred" to "flooded" Fermanagh? Only occasionally passed through [mainly Enniskillern] myself but family have had some great times on the lakes. Next time we're over I want to try to get to Florence Court but it's a fair drive from the North Coast. Might try to fit it in when we're down in Belfast.