Irish Owls

Guest Skold

Guest Kintana

I no its a long way off and that there are a couple of owls from Galway on here. But what pub do you normally watch our live games at? I think we are on for Birmingham at the end of Jan??

hey there - i am one owl from Galway but since i was talking to you last (possibly at the Norwich game last year) i have moved to Dublin.when i lived in Galway getting to watch a game was always difficult - some pubs i used to try were1) King's Head2) Foxes (down by train station)3) Seemingly there is a new sports bar under the meyrick hotel on eyre sq. maybe try therechampionship football is lower than premier league, rugby, GAA and anything really!a bit of sweet talking may get it turned on however.

Alright folks.

First off, i'm not Irish but I love the place!

Girlfriends family are all from Castlederg. She went to uni in Belfast so for the past 4 years I have been back and forth on more cheap flights than I care to remember.

Spent a lot of time in Belfast as her eldest sister also lives there. Her fella runs's ollies nightclub, don't know if any of you Belfast owls know it?

Been to quite a few places (Donegal, Strabane, Warren Point, Newry) with the most recent being a trip this weekend for a wedding in Annalong with the reception held in Newcastle. I must say, it's a damn picturesque area, absolutely breath taking in parts.

We are over again at the end of July for another wedding in Donegal but we then plan to stay on for about 10 days to do some driving around as we're in my car on the ferry this time.

Anywhere in particular I should pay a visit to? We are going to do the giants causeway and I fancy going to see that ropebridge near Ballycastle. I also contemplated the bushmills distillery but as i'm driving it seems a bit pointless!

I'm seriously considering moving over there in years to come. Rochdale does nothing for me!!

Cheers folks.

P.S, If any of you are over for the Rochdale game then give me a shout. Her other sister's fella is from Dublin and he'll be coming along with me.

Alright folks.

First off, i'm not Irish but I love the place!

Girlfriends family are all from Castlederg. She went to uni in Belfast so for the past 4 years I have been back and forth on more cheap flights than I care to remember.

Spent a lot of time in Belfast as her eldest sister also lives there. Her fella runs's ollies nightclub, don't know if any of you Belfast owls know it?

Been to quite a few places (Donegal, Strabane, Warren Point, Newry) with the most recent being a trip this weekend for a wedding in Annalong with the reception held in Newcastle. I must say, it's a damn picturesque area, absolutely breath taking in parts.

We are over again at the end of July for another wedding in Donegal but we then plan to stay on for about 10 days to do some driving around as we're in my car on the ferry this time.

Anywhere in particular I should pay a visit to? We are going to do the giants causeway and I fancy going to see that ropebridge near Ballycastle. I also contemplated the bushmills distillery but as i'm driving it seems a bit pointless!

I'm seriously considering moving over there in years to come. Rochdale does nothing for me!!

Cheers folks.

P.S, If any of you are over for the Rochdale game then give me a shout. Her other sister's fella is from Dublin and he'll be coming along with me.

bout ye....

I'd reccomend a walk up Cave Hill as you get a cracking view over Belfast and is a nice walk. Gets you away from the city a bit. I've never been but apparently W5 at the Odyssey is a bit of a laugh!

For the missus maybe a wander round Victoria Square?

Try Helens Bay , Crawfordsburn all in the Bangor direction... lovely beaches out there.

As for Ollies my sister goes there all the time but I couldn't afford the prices!

lol

bout ye....

I'd reccomend a walk up Cave Hill as you get a cracking view over Belfast and is a nice walk. Gets you away from the city a bit. I've never been but apparently W5 at the Odyssey is a bit of a laugh!

For the missus maybe a wander round Victoria Square?

Try Helens Bay , Crawfordsburn all in the Bangor direction... lovely beaches out there.

As for Ollies my sister goes there all the time but I couldn't afford the prices!

lol

Sweet, i'll have a nosey at them. Beaches sound nice if the weather is good.

We've been Victoria Square more times than is needed mate, there and castle court! :biggrin:

I've not been to Ollies yet. They are having a big re-opening the weekend we go so will go down for that.

No wednesday fans in Newcastle/Annalong anyway. Ended up talking to a Man Ure and Liverpool fan. Booooo!!! lol

Where abouts in Belfast you live? Her sister lives just off the Castlereagh Rd.

Edited by tomhollywood

Sweet, i'll have a nosey at them. Beaches sound nice if the weather is good.

We've been Victoria Square more times than is needed mate, there and castle court! :biggrin:

I've not been to Ollies yet. They are having a big re-opening the weekend we go so will go down for that.

No wednesday fans in Newcastle/Annalong anyway. Ended up talking to a Man Ure and Liverpool fan. Booooo!!! lol

Where abouts in Belfast you live? Her sister lives just off the Castlereagh Rd.

I live in Botanic very close to the Empire. You ever had a drink in there? It has a good comedy club on a Tuesday night which is reccomended.

oh and any chance of some free entry/drinks for the re-opening.

lol

Edited by Belfast Owl 2

I live in Botanic very close to the Empire. You ever had a drink in there? It has a good comedy club on a Tuesday night which is reccomended.

oh and any chance of some free entry/drinks for the re-opening.

lol

Never been in the empire but been down Botanic quite a few times. It has that immense breakfast joint "the other place" also been in that madisons, scalini's and dukes a few times.

You at uni then or just live near the sweaty students?

She used to live on wellesley about a minutes walk from The Bot.

I'll certainly try mate, I see him in a few weeks, he's over here visiting so i'll find out what the craic is! :biggrin:

Guest GREEN_1867

I could well of passed by. I am from a village right beside Annalong - Ballymartin.

If you were in the Newcastle region, did you venture up the Mountains of Mourne? If you venture down to the southern coast then there is plenty to do and see - Cork is a great city.

Ollies is a great spot, can be an expensive hit though!

I could well of passed by. I am from a village right beside Annalong - Ballymartin.

If you were in the Newcastle region, did you venture up the Mountains of Mourne? If you venture down to the southern coast then there is plenty to do and see - Cork is a great city.

Ollies is a great spot, can be an expensive hit though!

We didn't venture up them mate but they were right outside the hotel. We stayed at the Burrendale. Must admit, they were quite breathtaking with all the clouds settled around the top of them.

Ollies! I'm going to have to tell him to get the booze reduced, that's two of you that have said it's expensive!! :biggrin:

One time when i'm over we will have to get an owlstalk Belfast wee wee up on the go!

Hi,

Not sure how far you had planned to travel but if you fancied it then you could easily head down

to Sligo firstly. Great little place to spend a night with fantastic scenery and beaches (Strandhill)

nearby. Carrick on Shannon is also a cracking little place with super pubs, restaurants and a great

atmosphere during the summer.

From Sligo / Carrick head across the North of Mayo to Ballina, Crossmolina and then west from there.

Stunning scenery, remote beyond belief. Westport is another super place in summer. You could head down

from there to Connemara and end up in Galway which is also well recommended.

In all it would be a leisurly 4/5 day trip and would certainly be memorable.

Enjoy the trip in any case.