What would it take for DC's penny to drop?

Just wondered if DC is truly a complete control freak (imho i think he is btw) or could it just be possible (as a very outside chance),  that he may have twigged how a talent like Röhl has transformed the season (irrespective of the outcome of next two games) that he might be better off trusting football people and reap benefits by backing them. 

In short: could Röhl be the man to finally make the "penny drop" for DC, or, are we definitely stuck with a narcissistic whacko nutjob as owner?

What is the financial hit of relegation, and would that be the wake up call that DC clearly needs? 

My fear is that if we survive the drop, and by goodness I hope we do, as we all do, that DC will just carry on being a knobhead owner and keep on p1s51ng about playing "football club owner"?

I'm being devil's advocate naturally. 

CHANSIRI OUT.

Edited by F. Spiksley
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, mike84 said:

He has shown no significant signs of changing his ways so far. He is clearly a total control freak who only appears to take advice from people who don't appear to have the clubs interests or even his at heart.

Barring Danny & his coaching staff everything else at the club is broken and DC doesn't have the skills, knowledge or funds to fix it.

I agree. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Wadsley Bridge Owl said:

Like everyone else ive not seen any hint of him changing in his ways in the near 10 years he's had us, so I don't think he'll change. A first class w**ker always.

I agree.

He just needs to cut his losses 

I thought he'd seen the light when he took a step back last season.

Doesn't matter how far up the ladder he manages to get us he will always get back involved and fùck it up 

He's been too quiet for weeks. Something must be happening behind the scenes. When the season ends we will find out if it's business as usual or not.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bob said:

He's been too quiet for weeks. Something must be happening behind the scenes. When the season ends we will find out if it's business as usual or not.

No doubt more poo incoming!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Bob said:

We've not heard a thing off him since DR was appointed and for him to be quiet especially after the protests is very unusual. 

• Like 1

He's in a sticky position.  He's got a manager who has worked miracles, irrespective of where we finish, and has a rapore with the fans. The facilites have been critcised by Danny, who clearly is not afraid to tell it how it is, and the long serving Bazza. Chancer has no hiding place. If he sacks Danny and uses relegation as an excuse he'll just confirm what everyone thinks of him.  If he keeps Danny he's going to have to improve the infrastructure or face further criticism from his staff.

As I've posted before, DC actually has a chance, one last chance, to build something here and get some money back, but I'm not holding my breath. He's skint.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Wadsley Bridge Owl said:

We've not heard a thing off him since DR was appointed and for him to be quiet especially after the protests is very unusual. 

I think we had the embarrassing tapping up fans to pay the bills didn't we?

7 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

I think we had the embarrassing tapping up fans to pay the bills didn't we?

yeah he did that after we beat Rotherham,  Danny’s first win.  

Sadly I think it’s wishful thinking that anything is happening.   The way Danny is talking about having a long list of improvements to discuss with Chansiri etc.  sounds like he’s sticking around for the long haul. 

If only someone very rich saw our potential and was crazy enough to make an offer Chansiri would accept 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, doubleo said:

He's in a sticky position.  He's got a manager who has worked miracles, irrespective of where we finish, and has a rapore with the fans. The facilites have been critcised by Danny, who clearly is not afraid to tell it how it is, and the long serving Bazza. Chancer has no hiding place. If he sacks Danny and uses relegation as an excuse he'll just confirm what everyone thinks of him.  If he keeps Danny he's going to have to improve the infrastructure or face further criticism from his staff.

As I've posted before, DC actually has a chance, one last chance, to build something here and get some money back, but I'm not holding my breath. He's skint.

I agree with this apart from the last point and that is because we don’t really know.  Clearly the only chance he has of getting any real return on what he has put into the club is for us to be successful.  
One thing for certain is we will find out sooner than later 

• Like 1