Personal Reg Plate

17 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The obvious question is: If nobody else could see the registration plate apart from the person who bought it and who has it on their car - would they still have it?

Answer? Nope

It's a cry for help

Same as clothes then , if nobody could see you  you’d walk about ballack naked  ( in summer anyway! ) 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Beast of Boulogne said:

Same as clothes then , if nobody could see you  you’d walk about ballack naked  ( in summer anyway! ) 

Except on a nudist beach, where you'd obviously wear a number plate onesie if you could. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, shandypants said:

I bet you’ve got tattoos. 

lol

I've got tattoos. 

Sophie and Phil,  are borh fantastic artists. 

At no point have they ever suggested I have J04N 5WFC on my chest and back. 

Take what you will from that.  lol

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

BTW the cost here in Utah for a personal plate is only $10 a year more than a non personalised plate so imho well worth it!

Pretty sure it will vary from state to state and no doubt other North American based Owls will comment.

Can you literally choose anything you want for a plate in the states - it doesn't have to follow a format or anything?

20 hours ago, STEELWORKER said:

Best I've seen is 

OW15 FAN

yes I've seen that one and we parked next to S6 OWL in a school [King Edwards?] playground for a match at Villa Park a few years ago.

5 hours ago, bigrbuk said:

Can you literally choose anything you want for a plate in the states - it doesn't have to follow a format or anything?

No, there are rules.

For example here in Utah I'm limited to a max of 7 letters/numbers and it can't be deemed offensive in anyway. Each state is different.

• Like 2

On 22/04/2024 at 23:17, @owlstalk said:

Personal number plates are basically a cry for help 

Ill tell my son who's a successful businessman, a season ticket holder, a regular contributor on here, about your comment. His was bought by his wife as a birthday present. Whats up can't you afford one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

23 minutes ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

Ill tell my son who's a successful businessman, a season ticket holder, a regular contributor on here, about your comment. His was bought by his wife as a birthday present. Whats up can't you afford one.

That’s the kind of snobbery I’d expect from private reg families 

Ps if a wife buys you one that’s even worse as it means she can see your cry for help and is enabling it by buying pointless vanity trinkets 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

I would be heartbroken to get a private plate for my birthday .   Especially if it was wrapped up- they are bloody big and a decent weight, maybe you would be thinking a nice piece of modern art, perhaps one of those really expensive speakers that are flat and really stylish:

Then you open it and it’s a random set of letters and numbers vaguely related to you and your interests that you strap onto your car to be covered in flies and mud. 

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

So much to unpack here...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

That’s the kind of snobbery I’d expect from private reg families 

Ps if a wife buys you one that’s even worse as it means she can see your cry for help and is enabling it by buying pointless vanity trinkets 

Snobbery my a5se. Im son of a coal miner brought up on council estate in Bolton on Dearne. Just shows what can be achieved if you bring em up properly with good values and a work ethic.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

Snobbery my a5se. Im son of a coal miner brought up on council estate in Bolton on Dearne. Just shows what can be achieved if you bring em up properly with good values and a work ethic.

I think the idea that your 'Whats up can't you afford one' - meaning just because people have loads of money they should get a personalised number plate - makes me sick to my stomach

lol

Owlstalk Shop