Officially now in 'Must win' time

All 4 are must win's and we have no choice about that.

Surrendering the first quarter of the season to Xisco has left us in a position where we're picking up points just to stay in touch without getting out of the bottom 3.

It's a last push to get ourselves OUT of it now and that requires putting the foot down.

Can't rely on other teams for anything. Not sure if anyone checked the league table at HT last night but it looked utterly bleak, and if it had stayed like that I think the mood on here today would be that we're gone. The margins are extremely thin and other teams are going to pick up points you don't expect (thanks, Leicester). Have to take it one game at a time but also have to approach each like a cup final.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

We've won 3 of the last 5 away from home; our away form is currently better than at Hillsborough.

All the games will be tough, the league is competitive, but we won't get a much 'easier' final 4 games. That's why I don't believe this weekend is the be all and end all.

No-one said throw the Stoke game, it's just being put into context. Why not go and bet your house on us going down if we don't beat Stoke? Thought not! 😄

Easier last 4 games, I’ll remember that 😉

6 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Surrendering the first quarter of the season to Xisco has left us in a position where we're picking up points just to stay in touch without getting out of the bottom 3.

It's a last push to get ourselves OUT of it now and that requires putting the foot down.

Can't rely on other teams for anything. Not sure if anyone checked the league table at HT last night but it looked utterly bleak, and if it had stayed like that I think the mood on here today would be that we're gone. The margins are extremely thin and other teams are going to pick up points you don't expect (thanks, Leicester). Have to take it one game at a time but also have to approach each like a cup final.

Exactly 

Just now, OneEightSixSeven said:

Easier last 4 games, I’ll remember that 😉

😆 Well, on paper, I'd struggle to name many 'easier' set of fixtures. Obviously, football doesn't always work like that, but I'd be more worried swapping those four clubs for the majority of the league!

Just now, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

😆 Well, on paper, I'd struggle to name many 'easier' set of fixtures. Obviously, football doesn't always work like that, but I'd be more worried swapping those four clubs for the majority of the league!

Don’t go into reverse now mate… you’ve said it.

1 minute ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

And, football is played on grass not paper.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Absolutely, we have to go and try to win them.

But we do need context here, anything else just adds unnecessary pressure to the team/from the crowd. A draw vs Stoke at the weekend could see us out of the bottom 3 and, as with last night's point, could make all the difference come the end of the season.

One game at a time - and let's not start hanging ourselves IF we fail to win vs Stoke.

1 minute ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Absolutely, we have to go and try to win them.

But we do need context here, anything else just adds unnecessary pressure to the team/from the crowd. A draw vs Stoke at the weekend could see us out of the bottom 3 and, as with last night's point, could make all the difference come the end of the season.

One game at a time - and let's not start hanging ourselves IF we fail to win vs Stoke.

What d’ya mean draw against Stoke, they’re easy aren’t they ? 😉

4 minutes ago, OneEightSixSeven said:

And, football is played on grass not paper.

Yep, and there are no guarantees - like not beating Stoke doesn't guarantee we can't stay up!

5 minutes ago, OneEightSixSeven said:

Don’t go into reverse now mate… you’ve said it.

Absolutely. If we can't get the necessary points from those four fixtures, we've only ourselves to blame. We are facing just one team in the top half, it's as close to a dream run-in as it gets. Whether we can turn that into points, who knows.

If we can win the next two against teams in the relegation fight with us.

Leicester do us a favour against Plymouth, Coventry keep up their form against Birmingham.

we then have West Brom at home who could be confirmed top 6 by then and maybe resting a few the Sunderland away, i dont want to be going to Sunderland needed to win as our record there of late is not great.

i would be very happy though with 8 points from next 4 finishing on 51 points because of our poor goal difference.

2 hours ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

Awaits Dsanderson with the bucket of cold water...

I’m not sure how many a times “it’s not a must win game” can be typed in a day, but…

• Haha 1