What’s happened?

8 minutes ago, Derick Mills said:

Most teams play out from the back even in none league but we still don’t have the players to play long ball.most of our strikers control the ball like it’s a bomb or a balloon so can’t hold play up and comes straight back 

No they do not, show me a non league club who plays out from the back 

2 hours ago, S1Owl said:

in the wrong way though.. and we've even employed a load of coaches & a performance manager who monitors players as he's a degree in sports psychology ffs What a joke, I guess there'll be loads knocking on Lense's door in morning wi 'not feeling up to it' issues..

All the coaches adds to the feeling of frustration. It’s now 3 goals in the last 6 games while we have been plateauing or even  regressing. 

The experts and medical men can sometimes make players,  and anybody , over sensitive about being protected health wise with all the tests and measurements.

3 hours ago, bigdan2003 said:

Goes to show how much confidence in the owner some of us have, when one of the first things we say is “have they been paid”  every time there’s a lacklustre performance. 

Yeah that's it in a nutshell isn't it? Although I would replace some of us with most of us.

18 hours ago, Mike Hunt said:

That was as bad as anything under Xisco 

Embarrassingly Bad 

No fight 

No tactics 

No shape 

Totally clueless and that includes Danny boy 

pathetic 

You thought Danny Röhl sent them in the

20 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

I feel like we might have peaked in terms of the fight back.

All the hard work, the best reaction and response to the manager, that’s all been expended just to get ourselves back in touch and give ourselves some hope. Actually taking that next step and getting out ahead of Huddersfield, Birmingham, QPR, Plymouth etc.. well, have we enough left in the tank? 

It’s reductive but at this point we either stop up or we don’t. Danny is neither a miracle worker nor flawless - but it’s his hard work that’s given us a chance.

Personally, I think we’ll fall short of that last big push especially after this Easter period. The reality of where this team is, the overall state of the club and what we’ve served up as a Championship outfit this year will end up being too much for Röhl to overcome. 

I just hope the last remaining holdouts wake up and realise what the problem really is. 

I think this pretty much sums up the situation. 

We have got ourselves within touching distance, but Swansea is looking pivotal. 

That we are so poor away from home means we are probably looking at defeat against QPR and by 5pm next Saturday we might find ourselves 4/5 points from safety (if results go against us) and with a far inferior goal difference. 

At that point, it's all over bar the shouting. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I think this pretty much sums up the situation. 

We have got ourselves within touching distance, but Swansea is looking pivotal. 

That we are so poor away from home means we are probably looking at defeat against QPR and by 5pm next Saturday we might find ourselves 4/5 points from safety (if results go against us) and with a far inferior goal difference. 

At that point, it's all over bar the shouting. 

The moment the Swansea goal went in we was down

• Like 1

No manager can cancel out or undo years and years of neglect, incompetence and chronic underfunding.

Football fans are romantic and sentimental by nature.  We tend to believe the fairy tale stories that being lucky enough to bring in just the right manager or make just the right astute bargain signing will turn everything around and lead to glory.  Chansiri certainly seems to think that's how it works, and that's a real problem.

Because in reality football is like any other business.  If you make all the wrong decisions one after another for years, learning nothing, consistently fail to invest in any of the things you need to be successful, and just generally fail to have any kind of plan or direction - your business WILL fail.  

This is what a club looks like when it has been running on fumes for years.  Not even a 'sleeping giant' - a zombie giant, shambling along like it doesn't know it's dead.

Expecting any Head Coach to come in and suddenly make it all alright again is just magical thinking.  We are all guilty of it from time to time, but it doesn't constitute a valid business plan.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

There has been  a distinct loss in appetite for a win in the last couple of matches by the players.

I wonder if those who aren't going to get their contracts renewed and have chucked the towel in.

Firstly, perhaps the timing (if it's happened) is poor. Danny did say a while ago that he has/will have had discussions with the relevant players. 

Secondly the players have shown poor professionalism if that's the case  .

After a couple of scrapping performances the wheels have fallen off. 

Thoughts?

• Like 1

On 01/04/2024 at 17:05, Mike Hunt said:

That was as bad as anything under Xisco 

Embarrassingly Bad 

No fight 

No tactics 

No shape 

Totally clueless and that includes Danny boy 

pathetic 

Did Chansiri give one of his motivational speeches?

7 hours ago, owlinexile said:

This is what a club looks like when it has been running on fumes for years.  Not even a 'sleeping giant' - a zombie giant, shambling along like it doesn't know it's dead.

I've been describing us as a "comatose giant" for years, but yeah "zombie giant" works for me as well. Good one!

lol

• Like 1