How to sell season tickets

24 minutes ago, wakefieldowl said:

Stoke should be applauded for this. Wish we did the same

however stoke used to average about 13-14, 000 before premier league. Attendance went up then due to the “people who believe the sky hype”.

since relegation they now average about 20,000 which is falling all the time.

a lot lower than us despite our abysmal record over the last 20odd years and crazy prices 

stoke are also due some ffp investigations. They’ve made whopping losses of £90 million in one season yet somehow still avoid the rules. Something not right there

Debt was turned into Equity by the Coates family and as such does not count under FFP rules. 

Chansiri could have done the same rather than selling the Stadium to get around it. 

Difference being he and if family have  very little money compared to the Coates family. 

Denise Coates took over a billion in dividends ONE  year , that’s twice the entire estimated value of £500 million of the Chansiri family holdings in TUF. 

56 minutes ago, elyowl1 said:

Debt was turned into Equity by the Coates family and as such does not count under FFP rules. 

Chansiri could have done the same rather than selling the Stadium to get around it. 

Difference being he and if family have  very little money compared to the Coates family. 

Denise Coates took over a billion in dividends ONE  year , that’s twice the entire estimated value of £500 million of the Chansiri family holdings in TUF. 

BET365 are behind Stoke.

Perhaps we could get those well known Sheffield anti-gambling campaigners Gambling With Lives to sponsor the Owls 

50 minutes ago, wisewoodowl said:

BET365 are behind Stoke.

Perhaps we could get those well known Sheffield anti-gambling campaigners Gambling With Lives to sponsor the Owls 

Yep and anybody who loses money with BET365  helps pay for Stoke City. 

image.png.ee38cf2f4ccf2454dc31e876603ef456.png

• Thanks 1

On 22/03/2024 at 07:10, bigdan2003 said:

IMG_1016.jpeg.6407724af51300efb79bfc6119c29611.jpeg

Meanwhile at Hillsborough it’s 120 quid for an u11, or 60 quid on the grandstand. 

This is my big concern, the future fan base of the club 

As we saw at Wembley we currently have a lot of fans to call on, but another 10 years of DC pricing fans out and they’ll be very little of the younger end attending Wednesday games

I used to get in for free when I was a lad, my dad picked me up over the turnstiles, as was the way back then so I’m told, short term the club made nothing but I’ve since I’ve had a season ticket for 32 years. Unfortunately this clown has no vision for anything beyond his own nose 

Edited by Django
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Why would Chumpsiri freeze prices when he knows he can hike them up, safe in the knowledge that fans will renew in their thousands regardless.

Until fans hit this clown in the pocket, there’s zero motivation for him to change.

Nail on head...

• Like 1

What's really irked me this season more than others and it's not just Wednesday, is the age brackets. Is a 12 year old or parent of a 12 year old suddenly earning more money than an 11 year old?

And is the assumption that once you turn to 17 suddenly you work and can afford almost adult prices, or the 17 year suddenly becomes less expensive to feed/cloth/entertain and parents therefore can afford near an adult prices?

Just felt like I should join in complaining!!!

• Like 2

On 22/03/2024 at 09:41, Sykes said:

And what is SWFC's vision? Our fans loyalty is rewarded with a slap in the face in the form of annual tickets price hikes for what very likely could be League 1 football. We're already paying some of the highest prices in the Championship and we've not moved out of the relegation zone all season.

Credit where credit is due to Stoke. You're just looking for a reason to poke holes in something positive their club is doing.

I don’t see needing to keep season tickets the same price for 17 years as a positive thing.

And quite clearly from my post, I’m not supportive of Wednesdays ticketing policy so no idea why you’re responding to me with that first paragraph.

5 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I don’t see needing to keep season tickets the same price for 17 years as a positive thing. 

Flip it round and explain what we've got in return for 17 years of price hikes

Better ground / facilities?
Better catering?
Better service?
Better squad?
Better league position?
More respect from the chairman?

What exactly are you proud of that we've got from the last 17 years of price hiking?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Flip it round and explain what we've got in return for 17 years of price hikes

Better ground / facilities?
Better catering?
Better service?
Better squad?
Better league position?
More respect from the chairman?

What exactly are you proud of that we've got from the last 17 years of price hiking?

None of it.

You've clearly not read any of my posts in this thread.

Wednesdays ticketing policy has been a joke - why would I be proud of that?

• Love 1

On 22/03/2024 at 19:45, elyowl1 said:

FFP/P&S is to do with losses not debt, turning debt in to equity has no impact on FFP