Relegation Run-In 2024

If Brum and Blackburn were to drop im desperate even more so as a Derby fan to get promotion. This league (L1) is absolutely depressing but it'd be so difficult to get out of next season with the three going up from L2 and the possible 3 coming down from the Championship.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BIG D said:

Blackburn need to hit some good form

Middlesbrough A

Ipswich H

Sunderland A

Southampton H

Bristol City A

Leeds A

Wednesday H

Coventry H

Leicester A

Just been looking at their run in. That is an awful set of fixtures. They’re going to be really focusing that game against us as I can see them failing to win from the rest. 

it’s especially bad when you consider their recent form against much much easier teams. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miruic said:

Just been looking at their run in. That is an awful set of fixtures. They’re going to be really focusing that game against us as I can see them failing to win from the rest. 

it’s especially bad when you consider their recent form against much much easier teams. 

From that list they will be lucky to pick up a point before they play us , Bristol or Sunderland their best chance 

Cant update this just yet, I’m away for the weekend without my laptop. 
All’s not well at Huddersfield by the sounds. The team received dogs abuse from their fans after the 0-0 at the Chuckledome yesterday. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Cant update this just yet, I’m away for the weekend without my laptop. 
All’s not well at Huddersfield by the sounds. The team received dogs abuse from their fans after the 0-0 at the Chuckledome yesterday. 

I keep saying this but 8 wins in 38 games then they have to win at least 4 in their last 8. It’s a big ask. Not sticking with the caretaker might well cost them.

The picture will be more clearer as it always is after Easter. We need 4 points at least from our 2 games.

Certainly don't think it's as favourable for us as people make out. Whilst you can argue we have it in our hands with the majority of teams were playing being around us, the pressure is going to be enormous 

• Like 1

To some extent this is still in our hands at this point - we play 3 teams that are still within 4 points of us (QPR, Stoke and Blackburn).

Beat QPR - we go above them if we match their results from now until the end of the season

Beat Stoke - we go level on points but behind on GD.

Beat Blackburn - we’re a point behind a team in woeful form if we beat them.

Ultimately our season will come down to these 3 games now.

We could get 10 points from the other 5 but lose these 3 games and we’re probably down due to the points swinging the other way.

If we can get 5 or 7 points from these 3 games, we have a good chance of staying up if we can win one of the other games - lose two of these three and it’s all over basically.

I don't dare to dream because I don't want to jinx it, so I'm going to stick to being a miserable bugger and that we'll come up short (and hope fate makes me look stupid, again).

That said, if Bannan and Poveda are missing for any period of time, we are f*cked. 

Edited by striker
  • Like 2

On 13/03/2024 at 14:36, LJM Owl said:

image.jpeg.75eba8be897d1962b516c2e8ce756d01.jpeg

Saw this graphic the other day - not completely sure on the methodology, but interesting viewing.

Teams that have us to play still, have an easier run in. I'm offended 😅

4 minutes ago, BIG D said:

If we can get out of the bottom 3 on Good Friday I think we’ll be able to hang on. If not I feel we will probably just come up short possibly on GD. 

Yeah i feel that if we ever get ourselves above the relegation line we would actually stay there, but whilst we are in the bottom 3 i can't look beyond relegation yet.  I suppose its because our form since October is that of a top 12 side,  so you would think once out the drop zone we would stay there.  But thanks to Munoz and Chansiri,  we are still trapped in the drop zone despite our upturn in form.  

• Like 1

Finally updated.

Everyone plays on Good Friday & Easter Monday. If we can beat Swansea it could be a momentous day because a lot of the others have difficult games. Don't forget thanks to the Birmingham v QPR game if we beat Swansea and Huddersfield don't beat Coventry then we will be out of the bottom 3.

Millwall v WBA on EM is 13.00 KO so will be all over by the time everyone else kicks off.

I keep saying Blackburn are in big trouble but we need to win 2 more games than them. When we go there it's going to be at best a 'must not lose'.

RUNIN2024.png.e0c31db10337db6215d939aa5c2c48f0.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1