The French disease

Every week now in France you see these sorts of scenes. It's absoloutely embarrasing. And everytime a few numpties from England act up its always 'the English disease'. 

Context. Lyons team coach attacked by Marseille ultras. Manager and players in hospital. Game couldn't go ahead. Imagine that in England? Marseille is utterly rotten, just like in Euro2016 when police and ultras conspired to cause mayhem. 

F9oaEWfXwAA7_XA.jpeg

F9oZ8VKWkAAcovX.jpeg

Hooliganism remains a big problem on the continent. Panathinaikos-Olympiacos called off due to a firework thrown at a player, Ajax-PSV off due to fans throwing things on the pitch and probably more that hasn't been picked up. I think Liverpool-Manchester United during the pandemic was the last game I've known in the UK get called off due to fans actions, and then it's still really limited compared to Europe.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SnowyOwl13 said:

Hooliganism remains a big problem on the continent. Panathinaikos-Olympiacos called off due to a firework thrown at a player, Ajax-PSV off due to fans throwing things on the pitch and probably more that hasn't been picked up. I think Liverpool-Manchester United during the pandemic was the last game I've known in the UK get called off due to fans actions, and then it's still really limited compared to Europe.

Think it was Ajax v Feyenoord (not PSV). 

• Like 1