Reading

Now facing multiple charges. Wilder was rumoured to be due to go there as manager but it seems to have dragged on possibly for this reason. 

Im glad we are out of L1 and it doesn’t matter. But for the two seasons we were in it, it was so congested at the top. Derby and Barnsley must be rubbing their hands together with Wigan and Reading likely to be on minus points?

Reading and Wigan are going the same way Coventry and Luton did a few years back when they received multiple point deductions and ended up falling through the leagues 

I remember the days when Reading were an extremely well run club under John Madejski and had the likes of Cureton and Forster upfront 

Edited by IWEDFM

Presumably a long way back for both Reading and Wigan.

Theyll be like Charlton and Pompey.

Whilst we had our problems, like Derby, we still have the appeal to play for. Barnsley will fancy the title next season if they keep the squad together. 

A lot will depend on duffs future at Barnsley. If the bigger clubs are docked points then it’s still always tough as the void is filled by others who might step up like Pompey or Lincoln. Peterborough might fade a bit. I think DC would have given us a decent budget but it wouldn’t be a 96 points for 3rd season! We will see 

Im still not confident as a Derby fan 

We’ll always find a way of mucking up its in our dna 

That said Im more relaxed with Clowes at the helm, no stupid grandstanding no “Derby way” nonsense

We're working on a budget and it seems hes not deviating from it at all. As for Reading I feel sorry for their fans as theyve done nothing to deserve those idiots for owners, always the fans that suffer 

9 hours ago, DCFCOwls said:

That said Im more relaxed with Clowes at the helm, no stupid grandstanding no “Derby way” nonsense

We're working on a budget and it seems hes not deviating from it at all. As for Reading I feel sorry for their fans as theyve done nothing to deserve those idiots for owners, always the fans that suffer 

You'll be up there this season pal. Warne is mercurial at that level and the league is a lot weaker. Especially if Duff leaves the Dingles. Wigan and Reading in disaray. Its truly up for grabs. 

10 hours ago, DCFCOwls said:

Can't see any challengers for automatics beyond Barnsley, Bolton, Derby, and possibly Blackpool. Then probably between Peterborough, Wycombe, Portsmouth, Charlton to make up the top 6.  Looks far easier for Derby this year, a full pre-season and summer transfer window under Warne (and out of embargo and able to spend rather than picking up OAPs and other freebies like last year?), with last year's top 3 that were far superior to the rest of the league no longer in the picture and 2 of the 3 who came down being in a total mess it opens the door for those who missed out last year.

11 hours ago, alanharper said:

Can't see any challengers for automatics beyond Barnsley, Bolton, Derby, and possibly Blackpool. Then probably between Peterborough, Wycombe, Portsmouth, Charlton to make up the top 6.  Looks far easier for Derby this year, a full pre-season and summer transfer window under Warne (and out of embargo and able to spend rather than picking up OAPs and other freebies like last year?), with last year's top 3 that were far superior to the rest of the league no longer in the picture and 2 of the 3 who came down being in a total mess it opens the door for those who missed out last year.

Hopefully in regards to Warne and a pre season. We havent signed anyone yet but plenty of players linked. 

Barnsley for me are favourites, if they keep hold of their players and manager theyll go up as champions easily in my opinion.  

Amazing how similar the Reading story is to ours.

taken over by the same family at the same time.

nearly got promoted with big spending under foreign manager , losing in play off final.

Slow unravelling on pitch with combination of dour football and washed up managers.

sign Sam Hutchinson

get points deduction and player wages problems , old and slow squad 

relegated.

• Like 1

Derby will definitely be up there.

Not sure any of the 3 coming down will cause any issues. Reading will be mid table, Wigan bottom half depending how they get on and Blackpool to be flirting with playoffs.

Bolton Barnsley and Derby to fight for top 2

2 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Amazing how similar the Reading story is to ours.

taken over by the same family at the same time.

nearly got promoted with big spending under foreign manager , losing in play off final.

Slow unravelling on pitch with combination of dour football and washed up managers.

sign Sam Hutchinson

get points deduction and player wages problems , old and slow squad 

relegated.

I think they’ve changed ownership a few times since then?

Clubs like Reading don't have a fanbase to fall back on. There attendances are massively padded out by large away end. 

They have punched above there weight for a long time including two stints in the premier league but they are in for a bumpy ride I think.

With Madjeski as chairman and Pardew followed by Coppell as manager they were a really well run club.

On 18/06/2023 at 07:23, IWEDFM said:

Reading and Wigan are going the same way Coventry and Luton did a few years back when they received multiple point deductions and ended up falling through the leagues 

I remember the days when Reading were an extremely well run club under John Madejski and had the likes of Cureton and Forster upfront 

Hahnemann in goal, Kitson up top too and Sidwell in midfield.

Reyt squad in the mid 2000s

7 hours ago, Lowry said:

Hahnemann in goal, Kitson up top too and Sidwell in midfield.

Reyt squad in the mid 2000s

Best Championship side in my lifetime.

106 points, lost two league matches all season.

Reading have a knack of putting together decent sides. When they put 5 and 6 past us in consecutive seasons at the Madejski they had the likes of Kevin Doyle, Shane Long and Stephen Hunt etc.

Their current owners have completely killed the club and it's hard to see them recovering 

16 hours ago, lukeyswfc said:

Derby will definitely be up there.

Not sure any of the 3 coming down will cause any issues. Reading will be mid table, Wigan bottom half depending how they get on and Blackpool to be flirting with playoffs.

Bolton Barnsley and Derby to fight for top 2

We’re just going about our business like a well behaved club lol 

No leaks, no silly arrogance, no owner going to war with the EFL etc 

Which is weirdly satisfying after the previous idiots weve had here recently 

Id like to think under Clowes and Warne we’ll become more respected