Reading

3 hours ago, SiJ said:

Best Championship side in my lifetime.

106 points, lost two league matches all season.

For definite 

That Coppell side was the best side the Championship has seen, no other has matched their record even Leicesters prem winning core couldnt match it 

20 minutes ago, DCFCOwls said:

We’re just going about our business like a well behaved club lol 

No leaks, no silly arrogance, no owner going to war with the EFL etc 

Which is weirdly satisfying after the previous idiots weve had here recently 

Id like to think under Clowes and Warne we’ll become more respected 

Noticed you've made a couple of signings today

Happy with those? 

One is a new keeper, what does that mean for Wildsmith?

6 hours ago, SiJ said:

Best Championship side in my lifetime.

106 points, lost two league matches all season.

One of those 2 games lost was the opening day of the season against Plymouth

I'd love to know how Aidy Boothroyd and his Watford team managed to keep that side out both games that season. The only side Reading failed to score against in the league that season as both games finished 0-0. 

15 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

Noticed you've made a couple of signings today

Happy with those? 

One is a new keeper, what does that mean for Wildsmith?

Yes esp Elder whos the type we need wingback wise. Ward strikes me as a 1 in 3 performance wise but he does get assists at this level and  on a free we cant moan at that signing hes a quality addition for where we are at. The goalkeeper signed will be number 2 I think, good understudy to Wildsmith. 

Knight is defiantly off and we need to shift Bielik before we can bring in some attackers, Clarke Harris and Alfie May limked but cant see Clarke Harris signing personally as 1.5m will be out of our price range.

6 hours ago, DCFCOwls said:

Yes esp Elder whos the type we need wingback wise. Ward strikes me as a 1 in 3 performance wise but he does get assists at this level and  on a free we cant moan at that signing hes a quality addition for where we are at. The goalkeeper signed will be number 2 I think, good understudy to Wildsmith. 

Knight is defiantly off and we need to shift Bielik before we can bring in some attackers, Clarke Harris and Alfie May limked but cant see Clarke Harris signing personally as 1.5m will be out of our price range.

Yeah you could definitely do with a striker now McGoldrick has gone. No easy task though replacing his goals

I would have expected your new GK to be your no:1 this season as it doesn't make much sense dropping to League One just to sit on the bench 

17 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

Yeah you could definitely do with a striker now McGoldrick has gone. No easy task though replacing his goals

I would have expected your new GK to be your no:1 this season as it doesn't make much sense dropping to League One just to sit on the bench 

He might well be our number 1 depends what happens on the training ground I guess

Seems to be building from the back first and then getting in the attacking players , I think we’ll be a totally different side once Warne has done. 

and strangely Im not that sad about losing McGoldrick because we were so predictable towards the end esp with McGoldrick being our only dangerous player, everything was built around him. 

58 minutes ago, DCFCOwls said:

He might well be our number 1 depends what happens on the training ground I guess

Seems to be building from the back first and then getting in the attacking players , I think we’ll be a totally different side once Warne has done. 

and strangely Im not that sad about losing McGoldrick because we were so predictable towards the end esp with McGoldrick being our only dangerous player, everything was built around him. 

I get your point about McGoldrick. Sometimes it's better to have 2 or 3 players getting 12-15 goals a season rather than just one striker getting 25

On paper League One is far weaker this season so you guys should definitely be aiming for the top 2

On 20/06/2023 at 09:50, mcmigo said:

Amazing how similar the Reading story is to ours.

taken over by the same family at the same time.

nearly got promoted with big spending under foreign manager , losing in play off final.

Slow unravelling on pitch with combination of dour football and washed up managers.

sign Sam Hutchinson

get points deduction and player wages problems , old and slow squad 

relegated.

Just need a change of ownership at S6 and happy days! 😄