Pubs For Charlton Game

46 minutes ago, Space Cadet said:

Angerstein pub about 15 mins walk from ground are welcoming Wednesday fans. Anyone been there before?

Was full of Wednesday last season when we got there at 1:30ish.  From memory they put on some free carvery meat and potatoes as well.
National Rail from London Bridge to Westcombe Park, then a 2 mins walk from the station.

Personally I'll probably stay in London Bridge then go straight to Charlton

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Olly1996 said:

Was full of Wednesday last season when we got there at 1:30ish.  From memory they put on some free carvery meat and potatoes as well.
National Rail from London Bridge to Westcombe Park, then a 2 mins walk from the station.

Personally I'll probably stay in London Bridge then go straight to Charlton

Good to know. We're stopping overnight to east of Charlton (Belvedere) so going to London Bridge wouldn't make sense so probably go straight to Angerstein - just wanted to check it was decent 👍

Some of the pubs near London Bridge are overpriced, even for London. The emergence of Borough Street Market is mainly to blame.

I suspect that I probably know the London Bridge area better than most on here - my recommendations would be The Shipwrights Arms ( Tooley Street ) , The Olde Kings Head ( great pub, but not recommended when Millwall are at home - which they’re not on Saturday thankfully ) and The Market Porter.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kew Owl said:

Some of the pubs near London Bridge are overpriced, even for London. The emergence of Borough Street Market is mainly to blame.

I suspect that I probably know the London Bridge area better than most on here - my recommendations would be The Shipwrights Arms ( Tooley Street ) , The Olde Kings Head ( great pub, but not recommended when Millwall are at home - which they’re not on Saturday thankfully ) and The Market Porter.

could be interesting as forest are in london too ,so even though we get different trains down there and back there might well be a clash , and quite possibly they will be at london bridge before heading off to west ham for 3pm kick off 

as for drink prices they have always been eye peeling in london but dont be shocked if they start charging a tenner a pint before long. 

18 minutes ago, morganowl said:

could be interesting as forest are in london too ,so even though we get different trains down there and back there might well be a clash , and quite possibly they will be at london bridge before heading off to west ham for 3pm kick off 

as for drink prices they have always been eye peeling in london but dont be shocked if they start charging a tenner a pint before long. 

I doubt Forest go to  London Bridge - it's south of the river, West Ham is East London. Makes more sense to stop off in the East End, places like Whitechapel, Bethnal Green etc. We will however both be drinking back around St Pancras and Kings Cross in the evening before our trains back on East Midlands. lets hope we've both won 👀

Its more likely we will clash with Liverpool who are away at Palace for an evening kick off if any of them get down early doors, as London Bridge is just as convenient for stopping off on the way to Palace as it is Charlton if travelling from the North. 

Edited by niallzi