Whisper it quietly, is it coming home?

57 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

You were impressive against Iran but the cold hard facts are you’ve won 2 out of your last 9 competitive fixtures.

You’ve got a shot at it and you have some top quality players, Bellingham is scary good, but I wouldn’t be putting the champagne on ice just yet. Just take it one game at a time. 

Six of them were glorified friendlies though. If the nations league meant anything to us we wouldn't be getting beat 4-0 at home to Hungary. 

• Like 3

Play Foden every minute and that improves our chances greatly. Past and current form go out the window when they set foot on the pitch, get at France and they are beatable of course. Hard game against Senegal first. Whatever happens, I just want us to go for it. There's goals galore in this team. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

Play Foden every minute and that improves our chances greatly. Past and current form go out the window when they set foot on the pitch, get at France and they are beatable of course. Hard game against Senegal first. Whatever happens, I just want us to go for it. There's goals galore in this team. 

Foden might be England's only underrated big name. He adds a pile and subtracts nothing, he's a must start for me.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

You were impressive against Iran but the cold hard facts are you’ve won 2 out of your last 9 competitive fixtures.

You’ve got a shot at it and you have some top quality players, Bellingham is scary good, but I wouldn’t be putting the champagne on ice just yet. Just take it one game at a time. 

I know you’re bigging up the nations league because Scotland were “promoted” but come on, they’re hardly competitive. 

Another way to look at it is that since 2018 we’ve won 11 out of 16 tournament games, which isn’t bad going at all. 

32 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

I know you’re bigging up the nations league because Scotland were “promoted” but come on, they’re hardly competitive. 

Another way to look at it is that since 2018 we’ve won 11 out of 16 tournament games, which isn’t bad going at all. 

Exactly. He could've put 2 wins out of 3 with the best record of all 32 teams in the tournament but that wouldn't have come across as negative enough.

• Like 1

On 03/12/2022 at 21:55, TommyCraig said:

nailed it, he really doesn't do much wrong, if anything at all. Fair play to southgate, he said he was going to play a big part and he now is.  Fantastic player

• Like 1

Spain falling in to our half of the draw was a bit of a kicker, but they are out now.  

So if we get past France, we have one of Morocco/Portugal/Switzerland.  Not scared of any of those.

The other half of the draw has Netherlands/Argentina/Brazil.

How lucky is that?