Ivan Toney Brentford striker charged by FA with 232 breaches of betting rules

darra

9 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

Ding Ding Ding

The game has lost any moral high ground to even be angry about this. Whatever action gets handed to Toney here, I hope he makes an absolutely mockery of the lot of it.

Gambling needs to be chucked in the bin.

While the relationship with betting companies needs to be looked at, and I'd rather they were nowhere near the sport, that doesn't mean that if he's been betting on events he can influence that he shouldn't be punished.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

I know there’s money to be made but is it worth it ? 

Already a well paid individual I’d guess. 

Unless it’s become an addiction. 

I wonder if it’s a case of helping out people around him etc. 

It’s all alleged at the moment obviously 👀 (!)

Not about the money, it's about the buzz.

On 16/11/2022 at 21:37, edmontonowl said:

Irony of the levels of sponsorship pumped into the Premier League by betting companies

image.png.cfc02479ae7e0f71e726366518402db5.png

Betting adverts everywhere, on tv before during after matches, on shirts, the fact that our league is the skybet league.

Don't moan when a rich man spends his "loads a money" on it, because that's what they want you to do.

Ban it all, save people having thier lives ruined and stop glamourising it like it's a normal everyday practice it ain't.

If they were that bothered how come it took over 200 times before it got noticed? Maybe he stopped and they stopped making money from him then reported him.

They betting company in question must have know a person with his name placing all these bets was him? I'm sure it wasn't a pound a go????

On 17/11/2022 at 19:19, Owl.1867 said:

While the relationship with betting companies needs to be looked at, and I'd rather they were nowhere near the sport, that doesn't mean that if he's been betting on events he can influence that he shouldn't be punished.

Oh he should be punished.

But he should absolutely embarrass the authorities and industry as much as he can in response. 

The sport has no moral high ground here. Toney getting punished isn't in question, but it's completely laughable.