Dutch fans bribed to post positivity about Qatar WC

Bannofan

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/fifa-world-cup/story/4787288/qatar-world-cup-pays-fans-flights-and-hotels-for-good-pr

Apparently French and Belgian fans have been approached as well.

Basically, in exchange for flights and accommodation they will post positivity on social media, and in a quite a sinister move, report with screenshots any tweets or posts they see with negative comments from fellow fans to the Qatari authorities. 

I hope our fans would have more about them to accept this obvious bribe to snitch on their fellow fans and be in the pocket of the Qatari Government. 

Some YouTube Bloggers etc will likely enjoy an all expenses paid trip 

It’ll be seen as perks of the job 

1 hour ago, sheffield_dave said:

I mean isn't this essentially what they've also paid Beckham millions to do?

This is a joke tournament.

GNev also 

You’d be a fool to attend in my opinion 

There’s going to be trouble they’ll be itching to batter the cr@p out of anyone who goes against their BS religious beliefs esp English fans 

Stay home and have a few bets on it in the coziness of your living room. 

2 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I predict there’ll be no trouble whatsoever, but plenty of complaints about prices, accommodation and fan experience. The Qatari authorities will be keen not to come across as too oppressive during the tournament.

Think it’ll be a poor spectacle too, with low quality games aplenty.

I hate to think what the quality will be like when the 2026 World Cup comes around with 48 teams competing.🙄

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DCFCOwls said:

You’d be a fool to attend in my opinion 

There’s going to be trouble they’ll be itching to batter the cr@p out of anyone who goes against their BS religious beliefs esp English fans 

Stay home and have a few bets on it in the coziness of your living room. 

I agree, I think attendances will be high but there will be a noticeable lack of commitment and quality from some sides.

I really think an Asian or African team will go deep into this tournament. 

As for England fans going to this tournament,  I've heard many expats from the middle east will be there,  taking advantage of cheap internal flights. Fans going from this country to Qatar simply don't care about the human rights issues. I'm pretty sure they will be safe.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I predict there’ll be no trouble whatsoever, but plenty of complaints about prices, accommodation and fan experience. The Qatari authorities will be keen not to come across as too oppressive during the tournament.

Think it’ll be a poor spectacle too, with low quality games aplenty.

Agree, I think fans will be shuttled to and from hotels or designated areas, let into the stadium and taken back after. 

The only chance of any trouble will be the odd scuffle in a hotel bar, if some ******** gets aggressive after a beer cos someone’s foreign. 

• Like 1

On 04/11/2022 at 21:01, Rogers said:

Agree, I think fans will be shuttled to and from hotels or designated areas, let into the stadium and taken back after. 

The only chance of any trouble will be the odd scuffle in a hotel bar, if some ******** gets aggressive after a beer cos someone’s foreign. 

From what I've seen about the price of beer (if you can call Budweiser beer🤔) the fans will be skint before they've supplied enough to get aggressive.lol

Spoiler