Female football coaches

We have seen many male football coaches in the women's game and no one questions it. So do you think we will ever see a female coach in the mens game? And how long do you think it will take. 

I personally don't see why you can't. If your good enough your good enough end of. I reckon we will see a female coach in the mens game within 10 years. That gives time for grass roots coaching of coaches and development of the woman's game. 

There was talk of Wrexham hiring a female coach a couple of years ago, but they ended up getting Phil Parkinson. I do remember even the rumours of a female coach getting employed  in the men's game seemed to trigger some neanderthals though.

45 minutes ago, BridportOwl said:

There was talk of Wrexham hiring a female coach a couple of years ago, but they ended up getting Phil Parkinson. I do remember even the rumours of a female coach getting employed  in the men's game seemed to trigger some neanderthals though.

Such a shame isn't it. I can see the potential the woman's game has and that potential also carries over the female coaches. I get how the two games need to be separate like womens tennis, rugby etc. But coaching is different. If your good enough your good enough. And once the womens game catches up to the standard of the mens it would not surprise me if the top male coaches crossed over int9 the womens game for a different challenge. 

It can't be measured. You only need to count the goals scored and conceded by teams at the top and bottom of their respective Leagues to determine that th so called coaching quality is determined not by badges, exams or experience but the disproportionate way in which players are allocated (Bought & Sold) within the said league structure. Much the same as the mens game, but with the proviso that the skills gap is so much wider in the womens game. 

For women at coaching and playing level the quality of resources needs to be much more evenly spread. The top four or five clubs are crammed with Internationals make the game a miserable experience for the clubs lacking obvious qualities.    

• Like 1

On 17/07/2022 at 07:25, Tea Baggins said:

I think I remember this story.

Didnt she turn down an opportunity at Wimbledon and basically said she wanted a better job/club?

On 17/07/2022 at 19:02, scram said:

Said they couldn't afford hey or wired to that effect

So arrogant

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/12206672/emma-hayes-shuts-down-afc-wimbledon-rumours-and-will-stay-on-as-chelsea-women-boss-in-wsl

Be similar in other articles I think

15 hours ago, Tea Baggins said:

She absolutely car crashed that interview.

The manner in which she turned the job down shows she has very little understanding of what football clubs mean to their supporters -which makes her totally unsuited to managing at League 1 level.  I think even most male Premiership managers would have been more polite about saying no.

Would have respected her more if she had been honest and just said 'thanks for the offer, but I would prefer to have the best players in the league, very little pressure and my nice cushy BBC punditry job, thanks'.