Why can't we be first club to have new ticket initatives?

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Two ways to fill a stadium 1st is success, 2nd is dirt cheap tickets which doesn't benefit the club

That's the simplistic view 

In reality there's many ways to increase matchday attendances including things like facilities, catering, offers etc

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

We had our best season at home in donkeys years last season, winning 16 games. Yet still averaged only 22K and about 56% of capacity.

I think the only way we would better that is by being in the top 2 all season. We need to find other incentives to attract fans and sell the 17K empty seats.

Oh god, do we have to do this?   Get success in the Championship 25-28tho, success in the Premier near sell outs in our first season back.  Gimmicks are gimmicks  

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

That's the simplistic view 

In reality there's many ways to increase matchday attendances including things like facilities, catering, offers etc

Name one club who have increased the attendances significantly by providing better facilities?   (Outside of having a new ground).

"Think i will go the game this week, i hear they have hot water now".

Not gonna happen.

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Name one club who have increased the attendances significantly by providing better facilities?   (Outside of having a new ground).

"Think i will go the game this week, i hear they have hot water now".

Not gonna happen.

You're incorrect.
The matchday experience may not be important to yourself, but it's 2022 and people have different expectations from the events they pay to see.

instead of only considering your own viewpoint look at it from those who don't want to queue for 20 minutes to find out there's no quality food before the match, or that they can't buy a pint at half time because they've sold out, or have a big pillar in front of their seat etc etc

Matchday experiences DO make a difference and do count 

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

52 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

I am a season ticket holder and yes I would be a little p..sed.

That’s why we have season tickets. The club have to cater for the masses that guarantee the club income. If you can afford to go why not buy a season ticket then you would get the prices you want, £28 is okay with me. The club cannot price according to each individuals circumstances. 

you are a ST holder who is getting the best value and you'd be annoyed over seeing hillsborough a little more full because people can potentially afford the discounted ticket?

one of our last home games, we're 4th, chance automatic, play-offs or winning the league - home v Acrrington/Exeter and youd really want us to have 21k because someone is getting a one-off discount to fill the ground???

Just now, @owlstalk said:

You're incorrect.
The matchday experience may not be important to yourself, but it's 2022 and people have different expectations from the events they pay to see.

instead of only considering your own viewpoint look at it from those who don't want to queue for 20 minutes to find out there's no quality food before the match, or that they can't buy a pint at half time because they've sold out, or have a big pillar in front of their seat etc etc

Matchday experiences DO make a difference and do count 

You're asserting it can you demonstrate it?

Midweek home games (according to fixture list as of now)

Bristol Rovers

Port Vale

Morecambe

Accrington (Easter Monday)

None of those games should be £20+, in fact, wouldn't £15 ok? £15 kop, £18 north, £20 south.

Not asking for Barnsley and derby to be cheap.

And I will say this again, to anyone reading is £28 for Portsmouth really fair?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Oh god, do we have to do this?   Get success in the Championship 25-28tho, success in the Premier near sell outs in our first season back.  Gimmicks are gimmicks  

you forget that the ticket prices was horrendous then

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TrendOwl said:

Midweek home games (according to fixture list as of now)

Bristol Rovers

Port Vale

Morecambe

Accrington (Easter Monday)

None of those games should be £20+, in fact, wouldn't £15 ok? £15 kop, £18 north, £20 south. 

It's all relative 
You're right BUT if we're in the top 2 and smashing goals in the pricing becomes more attractive

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, TrendOwl said:

you forget that the ticket prices was horrendous then

Bringing prices down does not sustain a football.  If it was that simple they would all be doing it.  They don't do it because it doesn't work.  The overheads go up but the monies they receive doesn't make up for the loss in ticket revenue and the extra overheads. 

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I find it really odd that we have fans who just want the status quo, no improvements, no offers for non-season ticket holders etc

It's really sad to read

Personally I'd want whatever can fill the place

Here's one - make it worth the adult bringing a kid.

eg. Price for adult on their own  -  £28

Bring a kiddie, adult pays £25 and kiddie is free.

By the time the kids had a programme, bag of chips, sweets and a drink they've more than made the money up. Not to mention buying a shirt, hat, scarfe etc.  Better atmosphere and getting them hooked for life.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rotherham Owl said:

Under 11s can get a season ticket for £35, less than £2 per game still doesn't fill the stadium. Last two home matches probably had more under 11s who had never been before than those that go regularly. Success brings in fans not prices.

This is true
On the flip side over excessive pricing puts potential visitors off too

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, doubleo said:

Here's one - make it worth the adult bringing a kid.

eg. Price for adult on their own  -  £28

Bring a kiddie, adult pays £25 and kiddie is free.

By the time the kids had a programme, bag of chips, sweets and a drink they've more than made the money up. Not to mention buying a shirt, hat, scarfe etc.  Better atmosphere and getting them hooked for life.

Do we still have those bring a friend games?

Owlstalk Shop