Why can't we be first club to have new ticket initatives?

7 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

On the official site

Wednesday open the season at home against last year’s final day opponents Portsmouth on Saturday 30 July and this game will be priced as a Category A* fixture (tickets from £28 on the Kop).

And what could have been pushing a 30k crowd for opening day will now probably be about 25k

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

From the turn of the year we won 10 out 12 home games prior to the Portsmouth game.

We were winning regularly and scoring plenty of goals, yet the average attendance for those 12 games, which included games against the top 2 in the league, was 21,885. Much less than the season average of 22,908.

So winning regularly didn't seem to boost our attendances. 

Think you need to get back on your calculator.

Average to end of 2021 = 21,783

Average in 2022 = 23,500

I get that higher crowds mean higher costs.

I don't get that, in 20 years, we haven't found a way through our pricing structure, to maximise our attendance and income. 

And keep going with a half empty ground, along with the atmosphere that creates.

'Oh but when we are good everyone will want to come and pay full whack' is the counter argument.

Great. But we've been poo for 20 years, bar 2/ 3 possibly 4 seasons. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, pat blondeau said:

Tommy said prior to the Portsmouth game which I’d guess you’ve included in your calculator

Why would he miss out the Portsmouth game the reason for the high attendance was because of the previous games success.

He did keep it in and the Sunderland one in when he was using the season average - weird that. Its as though he was trying to manipulate the figures.

The average attendance was higher the second more successful 1/2 of the season.

6 minutes ago, Rotherham Owl said:

Think you need to get back on your calculator.

Average to end of 2021 = 21,783

Average in 2022 = 23,500

I have and I did say from the beginning of 2022 not counting the Portsmouth game.

To end of 2021 - 10 games, total attendances 220,783  =  average 22,078

From beginning of 2022 (not counting last game v Portsmouth) 12 games, total 262,631 = average 21,886

😉

3 minutes ago, Rotherham Owl said:

Why would he miss out the Portsmouth game the reason for the high attendance was because of the previous games success.

He did keep it in and the Sunderland one in when he was using the season average - weird that. Its as though he was trying to manipulate the figures.

The point being that plenty on here say a winning team brings the crowds in and that’s all you need.

But look at the crowds in the second half of last season against Plymouth, Morecambe, Wigan, Charlton, Burton, Cambridge, Accrington, Cheltenham, Wimbledon and Crewe and the POTG fans still didn’t really turn up even when we were winning games and in the top 6

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rotherham Owl said:

I didn't count the Portsmouth game because that was a one off game.

The 12 previous home games from the new year when we won 10 and scoring plenty of goals, had lower average attendances than the first 10 home games before the new year when we only won 5.

So when winning regularly at home the attendances didn't go up.

No intention to manipulate the figures, didn't notice the season average included the play off game. Season average in league 22,470.

12 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I have and I did say from the beginning of 2022 not counting the Portsmouth game.

To end of 2021 - 10 games, total attendances 220,783  =  average 22,078

From beginning of 2022 (not counting last game v Portsmouth) 12 games, total 262,631 = average 21,886

😉

Why are you not counting the Portsmouth game, without it we came 6th - then again we would have probably beaten MK Dons over 2 legs and had a trip to Wembley.

1 minute ago, Rotherham Owl said:

Why are you not counting the Portsmouth game, without it we came 6th - then again we would have probably beaten MK Dons over 2 legs and had a trip to Wembley.

I didn't count it because it was a one off massive game that would skew the figures for the previous 12 attendances in the year, which were pretty consistent. It would have shoved the average up for those 12 games by nearly a 1,000 each and not really give a true picture.

I'm not sure we would have beaten MK. Personally I think our best chance of getting to the final would have been by beating Wycombe in the semis. Then again we would have had to face Sunderland or MK at Wembley.

21 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

The point being that plenty on here say a winning team brings the crowds in and that’s all you need.

But look at the crowds in the second half of last season against Plymouth, Morecambe, Wigan, Charlton, Burton, Cambridge, Accrington, Cheltenham, Wimbledon and Crewe and the POTG fans still didn’t really turn up even when we were winning games and in the top 6

This......and 5 of those games were midweek.

So for night games against lowly opposition the attendances were poor, even though we were winning regularly. 

Though Burton on a Tuesday night was category A and Accrington also on a Tuesday was category B, which wouldn't help shift tickets.

Wow. Some great stats on this thread. 

Wednesday have and always will have the die hard 17k fans. 

Lower prices. Do what you want. 

I'd rather have the proper fans than be listening to some football manager hero telling everyone that DM should be playing a low press whilst posting a tik tok video about the taste of the burgers. 

Football and wednesday is for football and wednesday supporters. 

Nandos sell food. Is a great real ale boozer in mexborough. 

They are both free to get in. 🤷🤷

The future is subscription based season tickets.

£35 a month on South Stand 

£30 on north 

£25-30 on Kop

No more worrying about deadlines, no more worrying about saving up for the cash. Netflix style - subscription tickets - obviously a 12 month contract. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

So much wrong with our (and other clubs) pricing policy.

It really annoys me seeing all these deadlines for season tickets. I always buy mine at first opportunity, but it’s getting earlier and earlier every year.

A couple of weeks before Christmas I bought mine which I was not impressed at having to do. Once my kids start going I probably won’t be able to afford to do that. Then it gets to the point where the price keeps going up and up and then it feels like your getting ripped off. 

Why is it so hard to just have one set price and one set deadline (day before the season starts)

Same with all these categories for match day prices. Absolute pointless. We go to watch Wednesday not the opposition. Set one price so fans know what there paying. 

Anyway I’m just an HGV driver so what do I know.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

£30 on north 

£25-30 on Kop

No more worrying about deadlines, no more worrying about saving up for the cash. Netflix style - subscription tickets - obviously a 12 month contract. 

Brilliant idea. 

Sounds so simple doesn’t it. 

Like with most rolling contracts, people will just stick with it because you can’t be bothered to cancel it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TodwickOwl said:

£30 on north 

£25-30 on Kop

This was briefly discussed on here a while back, it was introduced by another club, can't remember who now. I would absolutely love for this to be an option, it would suit me down to the ground. 

If we get fan forums up and running again, it would be great if this suggestion could be discussed and hopefully implemented. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, reggae said:

Wow. Some great stats on this thread. 

Wednesday have and always will have the die hard 17k fans. 

Lower prices. Do what you want. 

I'd rather have the proper fans than be listening to some football manager hero telling everyone that DM should be playing a low press whilst posting a tik tok video about the taste of the burgers. 

Football and wednesday is for football and wednesday supporters. 

Nandos sell food. Is a great real ale boozer in mexborough. 

They are both free to get in. 🤷🤷

Indeed but with a die hard 17k, we are losing £20m a season, getting relegated and points deduction for losing too much money but at least the diehards are happy as you put it.

DC need to be getting 25,000+ average over the season just to try and stay inside of thr loses limits, he is running the club that badly he probably needs 30,000+ to be anywhere near breaking even and with the current prices that will never happen.

but its not just the home fans he is scaring off its the traveling away fans too.

• Like 2

We just need a season like 90/91 - if we are flying high at the top the fans will come .. it has always been the same for the last 50+ year - success on the pitch brings in the crowds ... it really is that simple! 😉

Probably give more tickets to schools and the community to try and bring in the younger generation like our noisy neighbours did if the expected gates are low - get that new generation of supporters 😀