Why can't we be first club to have new ticket initatives?

25 minutes ago, Rotherham Owl said:

Follow and go is totally different, this thread is about getting more people in through the turnstiles on a regular basis. The three ones which seem to be running are as per OP easier & cheaper tickets, success on the pitch (which I believe in) and facilities which I think only Owlstalk believes in.

Actually I think your wider audience should bump the facilities one in to fourth place.

Wouldn't disagree with any of that, follow and go are different (although one mate from school went to University in Glasgow, settled there and has been Gers STH for 30 years).

My point was that in certain circumstances facilities can make a difference albeit a small one, which you acknowledge.

4 hours ago, Lime Tree Heros said:

I wouldn't suggest that taken in isolation any of the items you list would influence you one way or another, but combined they might.

Imagine working away from home for a year and deciding to follow a non-league team for your footie fix - two teams in walking distance both the same price and level of football, do you follow the team with a decent clubhouse, drinks availability and range of food and drink. Or the one with facilities served from old shipping containers and 20 year old portaloos?

Brilliant ... FFS 

One day we will have to accept that there are completley different people for completely different reasons at football games.

IMO different zones would be the solution.  Get rid of the categories, but provide different experiences in different parts of the stadium:

- comfy seats for some - standing for others

- singing, swearing and smoke bombs in one area  - Werthers in the other

- really cheap tickets in on part of the stadium   - expensive tickets in an area with better facilities (hot water, upmarket food and bev)

- children stand with child-friendly food, no beer, child-activity area, Ozzie and Barney Owl

-  etc, etc

If we have 17.000 season ticket holders, we need to find about 200.000 people, who just go to one game or two per season and we have to accept that these people  might be there for the stadium atmosphere or for a nice day out with the kids or friends.

I don't care, if they come for the football or for the experience - as long as they support the club with their money and add to the atmosphere in the stadium.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Lime Tree Heros said:

I wouldn't suggest that taken in isolation any of the items you list would influence you one way or another, but combined they might.

Imagine working away from home for a year and deciding to follow a non-league team for your footie fix - two teams in walking distance both the same price and level of football, do you follow the team with a decent clubhouse, drinks availability and range of food and drink. Or the one with facilities served from old shipping containers and 20 year old portaloos?

I’d go to the one where I expected the most goals to be scored.

I was talking to someone from the ticket office over the weekend and they think the categories are crap. Essentially makes it easier for the club to make more money by having more categories. It's easier to put an F game into an D or E, than having three categories and trying to turn a C into a B, meaning the club was blidnfolding POTG fans. Also noting that 4/5 big category games from last season have been replaced with 2 (Derby Barnsley).

On 25/06/2022 at 23:21, Lime Tree Heros said:

Totally agree with you about success on the pitch.

But respectfully disagree about university kids. I grew up in East Kent, in a non footballing family, my nearest league team were over 50 miles away, so never went to league football as a kid (although I had an ex Wednesday STH as a dad). I know of 5 school friends who had never been to footie until they went to University - all still follow the teams they watched at University.

Maybe things have changed with Sky and football on telly, but there are lots of kids out there that get to 18 without ever going to a league match.

If you got 2/4 school football teams or kids teams to bring a team and play a mini 7 a side game / competition you can even run a competition all season 

let them eat / get the mascots involved and explayers injured players or non picked players involved 

the kids will buzz off the experience and that’s how you convert 

offer their parents half price tickets 

you are effectively giving 20-40 kids who are football fans a real football experience each game 

get them hooked and signed up for life