Why can't we be first club to have new ticket initatives?

9 minutes ago, Quickly Kevin said:

I know people who went as kids but are rare visitors now. The only guarentee for bigger crowds is success.

You stated its guarenteed income for 60 years which is not true.

Factor in loss of income from adults using kids tickets.

Is it 50 quid for a kids ticket? Nope so you can bring one for less. Keep kids prices low but we need some income from them.

I don't see much wrong with our kids prices.

Screenshot_20220624-103508_Opera.jpg

Seem reasonable but what do kids get for 'pocket money' these days, I have no idea. 

God this is showing my age but I can remember with my 50p a week pocket money it was 30p to go on the Kop, 4p bus fare, 5p for a programme and still had some left over for sweets and choccy bars.

2 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

Fair enough I didn’t realise the concession applied to students, I thought that was just for over 65s.

Our concession season tickets are still priced at £245 kop, £290 north and £320 south stand though.

Their student season is priced at £215 anywhere in the ground 

You really are trying to put this club down aren't you. 

£35 for a season ticket for an Under 11 (£1.52 per game)

£90 for a season ticket for an Under 17 (£3.91 per game)

and you pick up on the one where we are slightly higher than them £30 a season - although we are cheaper per game than them as you get 23 games £10.65 for us and £10.75 for the piggies

1 minute ago, Rotherham Owl said:

You really are trying to put this club down aren't you. 

£35 for a season ticket for an Under 11 (£1.52 per game)

£90 for a season ticket for an Under 17 (£3.91 per game)

and you pick up on the one where we are slightly higher than them £30 a season - although we are cheaper per game than them as you get 23 games £10.65 for us and £10.75 for the piggies

Unless I’ve misread the prices of the two clubs we’re more expensive than them in every adult category.

And also every junior category apart from in the grandstand 

5 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

Unless I’ve misread the prices of the two clubs we’re more expensive than them in every adult category.

And also every junior category apart from in the grandstand 

Do you not count  the over 65s, disabled and armed forces as adults.

If you want to save a couple of quid then go to the lane then.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Rotherham Owl said:

Do you not count  the over 65s, disabled and armed forces as adults.

If you want to save a couple of quid then go to the lane then.

Was waiting for a ‘go to the lane then’ to come back 

lol

Edited by pat blondeau
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, TrendOwl said:

I am going to post something different - potentially laughable, but it's just an idea for Wednesday or clubs.

We all talk about it, when Hillsborough is half full we struggle to make an atmosphere and when it's full, or close to, it's a great place to be. Now I don't think our ticket prices are sky high, but they are still above what I think is fair - cosnidering the league we are in. I personally haven't had a ST for a long time and get to Hillsborough when I can.

The ticket prices have just been released and the cheapest ticket for Portsmouth is TWENTY EIGHT POUNDS in league one. My personal opinion is that this should be maxed at £25 for any game in L1. Anyway.....

So here's a few ideas to us avoid constantly having 20k empty seats

1) Stop having numerous deadlines for ST

2) Cup tickets if you can't attend a league game (so it doesn't feel like you've lost out)

3) ST discounts for cup

4 ) Quid a kid 1/2 times a season (kop only)

5) More offers for midweek v Burton etc (£20 a stand etc)

6) £25 max!!!

7) Open West lower for every game??

8 - ticket bundles that are actually really good value

9) A cheap cup season ticket? (£50?)

These maybe all laughable to people, but we know what an empty Hillsborough is like..........................

Why Kop only for £1 a kid?

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

And there you have it

*ticks off the cliche reply list*

It's easy this isn't it. 

Do you think we should stop swearing in football grounds as well?

In case the new fans don't like it ?

🤣🤣🤣

On 23/06/2022 at 20:55, @owlstalk said:

Success on the pitch is a huge driving factor
But you could get more regular people and newer people coming more often with an improved matchday experience and facilities

But that fan will first and foremost want to watch a winning, positive,Successful team and until that point they won't step through the door to experience facilities etc. 

This'll be popular... So tin hat and full body armour firmly on...

If we want higher attendances, we shouldn't be consulting or debating what to do with STH - why? Because you're already going, many regardless of on pitch success or facilities. That's not to say your loyalty should be taken for granted.

To my mind the easiest way to increase attendances is to turn part time fans into STH and to attract newbies to become part time fans. To achieve this I'd look at the following:

- Get rid of ticket categories / tiers - too complicated.

- Go to a monthly subscription based STH (league matches only)

- Include a free adult Saturday ticket (or 2 mid week tickets) for STH's to bring a mate for free each season

- Facilities at Hillsborough need a serious upgrade - not important to current STH, but they potentially create a negative impression with newbies - I get better facilities at Tier 8 football than I do at Hillsborough.

Having said all that though the sure fire way to increase attendances is on pitch success, playing attractive positive football.

7 hours ago, Lime Tree Heros said:

This'll be popular... So tin hat and full body armour firmly on...

If we want higher attendances, we shouldn't be consulting or debating what to do with STH - why? Because you're already going, many regardless of on pitch success or facilities. That's not to say your loyalty should be taken for granted.

To my mind the easiest way to increase attendances is to turn part time fans into STH and to attract newbies to become part time fans. To achieve this I'd look at the following:

- Get rid of ticket categories / tiers - too complicated.

- Go to a monthly subscription based STH (league matches only)

- Include a free adult Saturday ticket (or 2 mid week tickets) for STH's to bring a mate for free each season

- Facilities at Hillsborough need a serious upgrade - not important to current STH, but they potentially create a negative impression with newbies - I get better facilities at Tier 8 football than I do at Hillsborough.

Having said all that though the sure fire way to increase attendances is on pitch success, playing attractive positive football.

Turn part timers into st holders? Believe it or not lots of people me included don’t need to go to every game..I go to every away game but very few home games..I simply don’t need to watch Wednesday every satday..it’s nothin to do with pric3 or how the team are doin or the ‘facilites’..and the facilites chestnut is such a red herring...I’ve got fam..work etc..not everybody wants to watch football every single satday

38 minutes ago, The coach said:

Turn part timers into st holders? Believe it or not lots of people me included don’t need to go to every game..I go to every away game but very few home games..I simply don’t need to watch Wednesday every satday..it’s nothin to do with pric3 or how the team are doin or the ‘facilites’..and the facilites chestnut is such a red herring...I’ve got fam..work etc..not everybody wants to watch football every single satday

I totally understand your situation and expect there will be many more like you.

But, there will be people that go 2-3 times a season, we should be encouraging them to go 5-6 times and those that go 5-6 times to go 10-12 and so on.

I don't believe the facilities are a red herring, a newbie walking into Hillsborough for the first time isn't necessarily a Wednesdayite (yet) maybe someone at university away from home, they have no bond with Wednesday. Understandably they might shop around as to where to spend their hard earned cash, trying different teams / sports, if they do, I expect Hillsborough / Wednesday won't compare well.

We need to take our blue and white glasses off when it comes to getting new people to Hillsborough.

20 minutes ago, Lime Tree Heros said:

I totally understand your situation and expect there will be many more like you.

But, there will be people that go 2-3 times a season, we should be encouraging them to go 5-6 times and those that go 5-6 times to go 10-12 and so on.

I don't believe the facilities are a red herring, a newbie walking into Hillsborough for the first time isn't necessarily a Wednesdayite (yet) maybe someone at university away from home, they have no bond with Wednesday. Understandably they might shop around as to where to spend their hard earned cash, trying different teams / sports, if they do, I expect Hillsborough / Wednesday won't compare well.

We need to take our blue and white glasses off when it comes to getting new people to Hillsborough.

I have never had a decent "meal" in a football ground the best you can get is poo.  Not one person in the history of football have supported a club due to the taste of pies and the colour scheme in the bogs.  Or come to that the comfiness of the seats.  

5 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I have never had a decent "meal" in a football ground the best you can get is poo.  Not one person in the history of football have supported a club due to the taste of pies and the colour scheme in the bogs.  Or come to that the comfiness of the seats.  

I wouldn't suggest that taken in isolation any of the items you list would influence you one way or another, but combined they might.

Imagine working away from home for a year and deciding to follow a non-league team for your footie fix - two teams in walking distance both the same price and level of football, do you follow the team with a decent clubhouse, drinks availability and range of food and drink. Or the one with facilities served from old shipping containers and 20 year old portaloos?

• Love 1

22 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Incorrect 

Owlstalk Shop

43 minutes ago, Lime Tree Heros said:

Point 1 is 100% correct, imo success on the pitch is the easiest way of doing so.

Point 2 re university kid, is irrelevant you are trying to capture such a small market and at best we might end up their lifetime second club.

It is so much easier to sell to your existing customers than it is new ones.

1 minute ago, Rotherham Owl said:

Point 1 is 100% correct, imo success on the pitch is the easiest way of doing so.

Point 2 re university kid, is irrelevant you are trying to capture such a small market and at best we might end up their lifetime second club.

It is so much easier to sell to your existing customers than it is new ones.

Totally agree with you about success on the pitch.

But respectfully disagree about university kids. I grew up in East Kent, in a non footballing family, my nearest league team were over 50 miles away, so never went to league football as a kid (although I had an ex Wednesday STH as a dad). I know of 5 school friends who had never been to footie until they went to University - all still follow the teams they watched at University.

Maybe things have changed with Sky and football on telly, but there are lots of kids out there that get to 18 without ever going to a league match.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lime Tree Heros said:

Totally agree with you about success on the pitch.

But respectfully disagree about university kids. I grew up in East Kent, in a non footballing family, my nearest league team were over 50 miles away, so never went to league football as a kid (although I had an ex Wednesday STH as a dad). I know of 5 school friends who had never been to footie until they went to University - all still follow the teams they watched at University.

Maybe things have changed with Sky and football on telly, but there are lots of kids out there that get to 18 without ever going to a league match.

Follow and go is totally different, this thread is about getting more people in through the turnstiles on a regular basis. The three ones which seem to be running are as per OP easier & cheaper tickets, success on the pitch (which I believe in) and facilities which I think only Owlstalk believes in.

Actually I think your wider audience should bump the facilities one in to fourth place.